Wary of leaving a bad review.

Paula1016
Level 1
Llanfaethlu, United Kingdom

Wary of leaving a bad review.

I have had guests leave my place in an absolute mess, bedding soaking wet smelling of alcohol.my shower cubicle broken, hair dye all over the sink. The place just dirty and smelly. They have left cigarette stumps outside where they have been smoking even though it isn't allowed as near my hay barn. I had to request money as they asked for an extra night and didn't pay. Yet I am wary of leaving them a bad review as my ratings will go down. I understand they can't see reviews before they do theirs however I know theirs is going to be false yet airbnb will not remove it. Do we all leave false reviews instead of being honest and warning others?

I have had others recently who did not say they were bringing a dog and hid it in my caravan but were seen by my daughter. I have had to ask them to pay the extra too and am still waiting.

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Paula1016  You say you know their review will be false and bad, so what do you think you'll be avoiding by not leaving them a suitably bad review? What makes you think your ratings will go down if you leave an honest review? These guests are going to leave low ratings anyway, your review has nothing to do with it.

Please leave an honest review for these horrid guests to warn other hosts, as I'm sure you would have liked to be warned about them before accepting their booking.

Paula1016
Level 1
Llanfaethlu, United Kingdom

I would have loved to have been warned they are actually hosts too. I left a coded review. They left 4 stars which means I won't get my superhost. Apparently I have the wrong address listed funny how I don't know my own address. Ah well onwards and upwards.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Paula1016  Was that the review for Andrew? Because as a fellow host, there is nothing in that review you left which is coded to me. I would have zero idea that these people trashed out your place, broke house rules and failed to pay for an extra night. So you didn't help out any other host with that review,  instead you made it sound like there was nothing objectionable in his behavior- and Andrew will go on to do this to other hosts until someone actually leaves the honest review he deserved.