We choose not to offer shampoo - but Airbnb do not bother to tell that info to guests

Pasek0
Level 4
Ubud, ID

We choose not to offer shampoo - but Airbnb do not bother to tell that info to guests

Why do Airbnb bother to ask us if we provide shampoo?  

We ticked 'No' but Airbnb doesn't bother putting a 'crossed out' Shampoo on the listing.  

Therefore some recent guests have assumed that shampoo is included under Essentials - which it is not.  They've therefore complained about something we have never claimed to offer - and we feel this is an unwarranted complaint... caused by Airbnb not providing full information to guests.

We've been hosts for years and have also been Superhosts for the last 4 quarters but this Shampoo question has only just popped up in the last few weeks... and it's popped up a couple of times!  So I'm wondering if the crossed out 'Shampoo' has been dropped off the system recently, given all the other recent changes that Airbnb made - a number of which are not very good.

We will now provide shampoo for guests, it's no problem.  

But it is not right that Airbnb ask whether we provide it and then, if the answer is 'no', they don't inform guests - which gives rise to a complaint!

2 Replies 2
Sabine42
Level 10
Tucson, AZ

it seems you're an experienced host, you should be familiar with the occasional bugs on the site. when you notice one (like the shampoo thing) tell/ask Airbnb and provide shampoo in the meantime, it's such a simple fix. 

your very long response to the one unvaforable review will probably do you more harm with future guests. personally i would never stay with a host who needs to be right about everthing instead of addressing issues on a professional level. good luck

Sam104
Level 4
Leeds, United Kingdom

Well said Sabine, it woukld have been far easier and more profitable by just saying this has now been rectified and apollogise,  I personally would not stay as a guest who cannot be talked to