We do not save Indian credit card due to compliance

We do not save Indian credit card due to compliance

I was trying to make a booking but it is showing an error message as follows :- "We do not save Indian credit card due to compliance"

What Should I do? Tell Me a way to make the payment. 

13 Replies 13
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Niraj4. Looks like PayU is available as a payment method for Indian citizens.  

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/126/what-methods-of-payment-does-airbnb-accept

I have tried everything I could but simply couldn’t find a way to pay from India. I have had done few bookings earlier successfully with my credit card but not anymore. 

Airbnb is certainly loosing lot of business by not rectifying this problem. 

Can Airbnb or any body let me know the solution please. 

I did contact PayUmoney but they don’t have a clue whereas Airbnb says payment in India through Payu. You need some link to register yourself for payment

You are right this problem is persisting for almost more than 3 months .

AIRBNB. Is not straight enough to say it’s due to their inability to comply to the compliance instead left it in limbo or the regulations not allowing.

Being billion dollar firm , they can’t resolve their problems hence you see the recent issue of Uber in EU.

special request to AIRBNB kindly mention and avoid any inconvenience to your fellow clientele.

”Indian card declined” issue solved.

There is some issue with Indian debit or credit card when we try to add the cards in the payment method.

I faced the similar problem while using Airbnb app for IOS/ Android and the website while using a laptop. I tried to change the currency to dollars and made a PayPal account. Unfortunately, the problem was not resolved probably because we need some sort of authorization from the bank.

In order to complete the payment using Airbnb on ”mobile phone browser”. Delete the app on the phone (as when you will open the website on phone browser it will redirect you to the app), and open the complete booking option from the airbnb inbox (do not add card). The page will redirect you to payU money portal from where you can complete the payment.

The hack is not to add the card.

Deepak13
Level 1
New Delhi, India

”Indian card declined” issue solved.

There is some issue with Indian debit or credit card when we try to add the cards in the payment method.

I faced the similar problem while using Airbnb app for IOS/ Android and the website while using a laptop. I tried to change the currency to dollars and made a PayPal account. Unfortunately, the problem was not resolved probably because we need some sort of authorization from the bank.

In order to complete the payment using Airbnb on ”mobile phone browser”. Delete the app on the phone (as when you will open the website on phone browser it will redirect you to the app), and open the complete booking option from the airbnb inbox (do not add card). The page will redirect you to payU money portal from where you can complete the payment.

Claire also mentioned in the comment.

The hack is not to add the card.

Vikram16
Level 1
New Delhi, India

Had the same "indian card fails compliance " issue.

I called the Airbnb help line and the lady , who was very competent and polite, finally got me to change my preferred currency from USD to INR in my profile settings and then I was able to pay with my credit card (which apparently is only recognised as authorised to pay in INR) .

So it isn't an Airbnb plot after all ...

There is an issue ...

I have the option of using an INR card or a foreign currency one.

When I set currency to GBP I can set up cards and they are retained.

When I set up an INR card the details are accepted at first but not stored. 

When I set currency to INR I cannot set up card details.

I think this is a compliance issue.

India has regulations requiring an OTP one time password code to authorise any card transaction.

Amazon had to add this too.

AirBnB is being less upfront than expected to its Indian customers ...

Aatisha0
Level 2
Mumbai, India

Hey did anyone manage to find a solution? I'm trying to pay my second installment for my long term stay abroad, but it won't go through (it went through with the exact same Indian credit card details the first time around and the bank confirmed there are no issues). 

I've been contacting the AirBnB team for a while but they haven't provided a solution yet. My payment is due ASAP.

I am facing the same issue. We’re you able to find a solution?

I am facing the exact same issue currently. Were you able to find a solution for the second instalment payment? 

India option is not shown in Paymennt screen in airbnb.ca. Trying to book a place and stuck at not able to pay with my Indian debit or credit card. Any help will be great.