We’re having trouble with the payment method you’re trying to use. Please try another one.

Truike0
Level 1
Mamaroneck, NY

We’re having trouble with the payment method you’re trying to use. Please try another one.

Hello, I have a problem! I tried to book an apartment today and faced one problem. At first I could not bind my credit card to my account, then when I paid, I got this error: Oops, we're unable to complete this booking
We're having trouble with the payment method you're trying to use. Please try another one.

I tried to pay with several different credit cards, but all the time I get this error, tried to make another booking, but got the same problem. Help me! I do not know what to do with this! This is my first booking ...

14 Replies 14
Harpreet0
Level 1
Ajax, Canada

I am also having the same problem.

My guest doesn't have acredit card. He requested to pay me in cash upon arrival . What is airbnb's settlement for instances like this ?

Hi Seamans, Paying and communicating through Airbnb helps ensure that you're protected under their Terms of Service, Payments Terms of Service, cancellation and refund policies, Host Guarantee, Host Protection Insurance program and other safeguards.  They can’t provide these benefits if you accept the reservation which isn’t booked and paid for directly through Airbnb.

Paying or communicating outside of Airbnb also makes it harder to protect your information and puts you at greater risk of fraud and other security issues, such as phishing.

I am suggesting you to advise the Guest to reach out to the Customer Support to have a proper assistance for the issue instead of having an off site transaction outside of Airbnb.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Truike0@Seamans-World0@Harpreet0   Here is an article in the Air BNB Help Center that addresses payment options for Air BNB.  

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/126/what-methods-of-payment-does-airbnb-accept

If you continue to have problems with the system after you have cleared your history, you should contact Air BNB customer service.  Here is a guide for contacting Air BNB

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

Elizabeth548
Level 1
São Paulo, Brazil

I m having thre same problem for a week, already; I get no help from airbnb for solving this problem.Has someon an advice?

@Elizabeth548  Please see my post.  Perhaps it will be of help.

I have exactly the same problem, airbnb does not solve my problem. I cannot pay with any credit cards (5 or 6 different ones). The error I get: 

• We were unable to authorize the payment to your credit card. Please confirm that all the details are correct. You may also contact your bank to confirm that they are not blocking the payment or use an alternate payment method

But this is a new problem, before I could use any of my cards. For the last 6 months I cannot book any airbnb accommodations with Brazilian cards. No other choice for payment (like paypal) is available. Can anybody help?

Vladan1
Level 1
Belgrade, Serbia

Dedicated
I have a problem, in April I lost the master card air bnb, registered a pioneer, got a new one, activated, but since April I have no payment on it and there was a lot of inflow ..
In my contact with the pioneer, I was told that I have to deal with this case with you
In advance thanks
Vladan Milenkovic

May55
Level 2
Cebu City, Philippines

I need help on setting up a payout account..I am a new host..I already have a confirmed booking but my problem is when I tried setting up my bank information so they can make a bank transfer for the future payment it’s asking me for additional details like the bank code..there is no bank code only bank swift..so I made several attempts on setting up my payout account and it seem impossible.

I supposed its the same thing! Try put the bsnk swift 

Ha8
Level 1
Springvale, Australia

hi May,

i am having the same problem as it let me provide my bank details but i never receive the payment and it keeps asking to set up my payout account. 

Ljubica6
Level 1
Bitola, Macedonia

I have the same problem and it seams like there is no solution. I have added the payment metod on the account of the airbnb, for some reason it counts the payment on othere mail even thou it is the same house that it is selling and I cannot receive my money. I changed the profile settings but nothing happens.

And I cannot get help from Airbnb and this is the worst selling sight.

Please help me who to contact

Ljubica

AnaLuisa7
Level 2
Mexico City, Mexico

hi, i´m also having the same issue: i have no response from Airbnb, i tried to use a DEBIT CARD and only shows an error message.

• We were unable to authorize the payment to your credit card. Please confirm that all the details are correct. You may also contact your bank to confirm that they are not blocking the payment or use an alternate payment method
Anj5
Level 1
Philippines

Hi, I am getting a message below, please advise the possible cause.

"we were unable to authorize the payment to your credit card. please confirm that all the details are correct. you may also contact your bank to confim that they are not blocking the payment or use an alternative payment method."

please be informed that i used VISA debit card.