'Weekly discount' is much higher than what I have set.

Stewart90
Level 2
Austin, TX

'Weekly discount' is much higher than what I have set.

I'm having a big issue. I have set a 5% weekly discount. However, when guests try to reserve my airbnb for 7+ days it is showing a MASSIVE discount like 75%. I have contacted airbnb several times and they are offering no solution. They keep saying they will get back to me. It took them 10 days to get back to me and unfortunately the 'technician' had no solution. 

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm going on my 3rd time of having to turn down a guest and beg them to cancel the request so I don't have to decline it. I'm very frustrated.

9 Replies 9
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Stewart90 

I simulated some 7 nights stays on your listing, it seems to me you have set some fixed prices for specific weeks.

Please check the discount section for this.

Thanks for your reply Emiel. I do have fixed prices for certain days such as special events and holidays that I manually inputed on the calendar. Allow me to be more specific with my problem though.

I have a current request for 7 nights from Dec 21st-Dec28th. The room fee for that week should be several thousand dollars minus a 5% discount. But instead, the following breakdown occurs showing a 7 night fee of only $750 which is obviously much much more than 5%. It's like well over 50%. I don't know why this is happening. I doubled checked my discount section on pricing and it's definitely only 5%.

Potential earnings
7 nights room fee
$750.00
12/21-12/2712/27-12/28
$642.86
$107.14
Collapse details
Cleaning fee
$175.00
Host service fee (3.0%)
-$27.75

Total (USD)
$897.25

So for the 7 nights it is showing $750 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Emiel1 @Emiel1 is probably right. We had a week over Christmas with a price set at £50 for the whole week. You need to go into the monthly/weekly price bit and see if some weeks are set really cheap as it doesn't show up when you look at the rates in your calendar.

@Mike-And-Jane0 @Emiel1  thank you for the reply. That was the problem which is now resolved! I had weekly set prices for a few holidays that I thought were $750 per night... but it was actually $750 for the whole week.

I was looking at my calendar and not seeing this price reflected there. I'm new to all this and have only been airbnb'ing for a month.

Thanks for your help!

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Stewart90 @Mike-And-Jane0 

Good to hear problem is solved, located by fellow hosts.

We don't need Airbnb CS anymore, they are redundant !

@Emiel1 sadly you are right as it took CS  2 erroneous bookings before they spotted the issue I had.

@Stewart90 Glad to see you are sorted.

@Mike-And-Jane0 Was your pricing issue due to an Airbnb glitch or something you had inadvertently set yourself?

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Colleen253 I didn't set it as 

a) I didn't know the feature existed

b) It was set to £50 for the Christmas week which is way less than our nightly price so doesn't make any sense at all even if I had mistaken a weekly price for a nightly price.

@Mike-And-Jane0 That's what I thought. Good to know such a glitch exists, and yet more settings to have to scrutinize regularly. What a doozie.