What can I do when I an inquiry is not about the booking dates but is a longterm rental proposition?

Answered!
Susan868
Level 3
New York, United States

What can I do when I an inquiry is not about the booking dates but is a longterm rental proposition?

What can I do when I an inquiry is not about the booking dates but is a longterm rental proposition?  When people ask me Would I be interested in a long term rental of this space rather than the dates I have opened ... If I Decline the reservation because it is not even a question about the booking, that causes penalties to me which is not fair.  If I answer the questions, (as I always do, saying that if they want to rent it out long term that would be on Airbnb and so they would have to look for that listing .... But then that holds up my reservation process for 24 hours right??  Should I ask them to cancel their request so my listing can be re-opened??  I don't really know how to word that!

1 Best Answer
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Susan868 are we talking about a request or an inquiry? Because those are two different options. If it is an inquiry you need to only answer, you don't have to accept or decline. If it is a request answer their questions and politely explain that if they don't withdraw the request ( and give them a couple of hours time frame) you will accept it and they will need to cancel and get refunded accordingly to your cancelation policy. They always withdraw it in my experience. 

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Susan868 are we talking about a request or an inquiry? Because those are two different options. If it is an inquiry you need to only answer, you don't have to accept or decline. If it is a request answer their questions and politely explain that if they don't withdraw the request ( and give them a couple of hours time frame) you will accept it and they will need to cancel and get refunded accordingly to your cancelation policy. They always withdraw it in my experience. 

Isn't it interesting we now have to threaten a guests to withdraw their request just to free up our calendar. Hmm.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Susan868 

@Ana1136 is correct. Guest are required to input dates to ask a questions so many times the dates are not correct. Inquiries do not need to be pre-approved or declined. A response is all you need to do to maintain your response rate. I have never pre-approved or declined an inquiry in my life.