What can be done, if anything, about guests who give no notification of late checkout?

Jayne-Anne0
Level 1
Kingston, New Zealand

What can be done, if anything, about guests who give no notification of late checkout?

This seems to be happening more and more frequently. (Even tho checkout time is 10AM 

on my listing, and also a note on the wall ‘Strictly 10am Checkout’ THANKYOU!

maybe some sort of deposit which is refunded if they checkout ON TIME? I know this means more work for Air B N B administration.

1 Reply 1
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Jayne-Anne0  You cannot charge a deposit for this AirBnB won't let you. About all you can do is tell them you do sameday bookings and will be at the apt promtly at 10 AM to begin cleaning for any guests that may book later that day. This has worked well for me. Then actually show up and knock on the door. I have in my rental agreement they sign: 

• Check-In & Check-Out– Check-In is at 04:00PM and Check-Out is at 11:00AM. – Late check-out may be requested of Owner upon check-in, but is not guaranteed to be available. Without prior arrangement(s), via, verbal and/or written consent from the Owner, a LATE CHECKOUT OF LESS THAN ONE DAY WILL BE CHARGED THE EQUIVALENT OF ONE FULL DAY'S RENT. This charge will be deducted from your Security Deposit, unless other arrangements for payment have been made.