What does waiting for verification in my calendar mean

P-and--R0
Level 1
Winnipeg, Canada

What does waiting for verification in my calendar mean

A potential guest says he has booked my place and has a payment receipt yet my calendar says waiting for verification and I have not received any notice or confirmation of his booking

H E L P

4 Replies 4
Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

@P & R1 Do you require verified government ID? If you do, when the guest's government ID is failed to be verified, your booking will not be confirmed.

I had a case like this before because I do require verified government ID for booking.

No I have not set any government ID verification at all

@P & R1  Does the guest have any reviews? Was his account created this month? Which country is the guest from? There could be some basic checking done by Airbnb for some new guests if the guest is new with no review and the account was newly created.

P-and--R0
Level 1
Winnipeg, Canada

OK so to answer my own question.... I just spoke with a rep at Airbnb on the phone and they told me that Airbnb randomly will select a potential guest who will need to verify their identification .... it’s all at their end and the potential guest end etc. so has nothing to do with the host.

And until there is a confirmation from Airbnb there is no booking ..... just so you know

whew!

thank you