What does your management company do?

Jess3979
Level 1
Bozeman, MT

What does your management company do?

Hi.  I am growing my business and wanting to start managing other properties.  I have a few lined up in the next year.

1.)What are the differences between cleaning and managing? I know silly question. 🙂

2.)how do you or your management company do small purched for the place.  Do you have a set amount you can spend, or do you let them know and they order things.

I am trying to get a clear idea of what is expected/needed.  

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jess3979 Property managers come in many guises. Some are literally management companies who manage bookings then employ cleaners, handymen/women etc. Others are more akin to hosts who provide cleaning/repairs etc themselves. The former are typically big companies, the latter more like a co-host.

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Jess3979   Cleaners do just that, clean.  Usually to a schedule provided by the owner, who is still handling the bookings etc.  Maintenance and repairs may be handled by an individual hired as needed by the owner.

A manager handles the bookings, scheduling of cleaners, is available to the guest for maintenance issues and is paid for their services via a contract.  Some management companies also handle the payments, sending the owner a check once a month less expenses.  The management companies may require a "petty cash" type fund that they use for purchases and then bill the owner for replenishment.  Others will simply deduct expenses from the earnings that they have taken on behalf of the owner.