What happened to “family” filter?

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

What happened to “family” filter?

Just a question to “in the know” hosts and @Airbnb , “What happened to the “family” filter?

As a live on site host, in a suburban location, of a city that has a small and limited tourist season.

Two things:

1.  You took my “briefcase icon” 💼 away, and the opportunity for me to be “business ready”, when I refused to allow self check in. Noting: I live on site AND have check in that allows for the latest incoming night flights (2.30 am flights with a 3.30am check in)..... 

2. I can no longer find the “family”  subsection in stays for our city. Not visible anywhere.... Am I blind? 🔎

🙌🏼So without the business-ready, we concentrated on being family-oriented. Any size or shape.... Mature parents & adults  kids...  Parents and children all ages including infants. All combinations....

With all the boutique hotels etc etc, how can we be seen? What happened to sensible filters, expectations and the level playing field for us?

Asking for a friend.... (not really)

😊

3 Replies 3
Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Besides being a super host, I’m limited by my suburban location across the short tourist season. I am already using instant book, with requirements, and that works well for me.... but you are killing me @Airbnb......

Please help the little guys that started your business...... 

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

Thanks @Emilia42 . I was aware they had disappeared, but I suppose we can’t always have a win....

For business ready guests in the majority, tend to stay inner city. When they had the family section, we stood out and were high in that listing.

I just wish there was a button that was “family friendly” because this did assist when you are not a year around business.

But I do love the more defined ratings, using the decimal point system rather than rounding to the nearest star. 💐