What happens if I need my guests to leave early for exceptional reasons?

Hannah7
Level 1
Oxford, United Kingdom

What happens if I need my guests to leave early for exceptional reasons?

I am hosting on behalf of my parents, and they wonder what would happen if they needed their apartment at short notice (eg due to a death in the family, or if one of them needed to be in hospital).  This worry is making them reluctant to accept any slightly longer reservations.  What would be the procedure for vacating the apartment early?

2 Replies 2
Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

It's best not to accept reservations if you feel there is a likelihood of having to kick them out. There are pretty severe penalties for hosts canceling a reservation. You'll want to review all the hosting information in the help area. It's all spelled out there.

Wendy-and-Markus0
Level 10
United States

@Hannah7:

I agree with @Ed-and-Hugh0. If your parents are anticipating an extenuating circumstance in the near future, it may be best to not accept reservations.

Another idea is to only accept reservations within the current month and put a maximum number of dates a guest can stay. I see your listing has a minimun of 3 days.

The website allows you to set-up your account to block your calendar anything beyond 3 months in advance. Or you can manually block whatever months in the future.

Happy hosting!