What is the advisable minimum and maximum nights stay for guests?

Leonida25
Level 1
Sugar Land, TX

2 Replies 2
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Leonida25  It depend on what type of guests you want.If you are into shorter stays i would advice you to set it to a minimum of 2 nights but if you want longer stays it's better for you to set for a minimum of 4 or 5 nights.Concerning the maximum nights of stays it depend on how available you are in order to host.Are you hosting part time or full time? If you are doing it on a full-time basis the sky is the limit.Good luck and happy hosting!!!

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I looked at your listing, @Leonida25 and see that your location would be attractive to a wide range of guests from tourists, to business people, to health professionals and so on.  Also, it is an entire apartment so guests could live there long term.  As @Oomesh-Kumarsingh0  posted, it is more your decision about what works for you as the host.  Single night minimum would appeal to guests that are traveling through your area but require a lot of cleaning.  Long term guests, over 29 days, have different payout and cancellation policies on this platform, so be sure to read about that.  

Since you are just getting started, perhaps you could start with minimum 2 nights and maximum 3 weeks.  That way you would get to know how this all works without opening yourself up to having a guest that stays too long and becomes a tenant with all the eviction problems should there be a bad match.

Also, I see that you have a single review and it is a cancellation review.  This can be the kiss of death for a listing.  What guest is going to trust you as a host and make arrangements to stay with you with any sense of security?  It might help if you were to write a response on the review which will show up under this review on your listing.  Most likely you cancelled due to not being ready to host on this platform, right?  Good luck and welcome to Air BNB