What is the cheapest payout option for Bosnia and Herzegovina?

Anada0
Level 2
Mlini, Croatia

What is the cheapest payout option for Bosnia and Herzegovina?

Hi everyone!

I hope to get some advice from other hosts from Bosnia and Herzegovina or the surrounding countries. We are pretty new to airbnb and are trying to figure out the cheapest payout option. We have had some reservations so far with the payout via bank transfer. There was one transaction of 90 EUR, which didn´t have any fees but the fees of the local bank (we thought, that would be the case for any other payout as well), but anything above 100 EUR deducts 15 EUR for the international bank (INO trosak) PLUS a percentage on the total amount for the local bank. That is definitely more than we are willing to pay them banksters 😉

So, now are looking into other options. 

My host profile is registered in Croatia (I live and work there and manage the conversations and the bookings with the guests), but the property is located in Bosnia-Herzegovina (where my parents live; they take care of everything on site). So when setting the payout preferences, I can compare between options for Croatia and options for Bosnia. I guess my first question is: can I set the billing country to Croatia even though the property is in Bosnia? It seems namely that the payout options for Croatia are much more favourable than for Bosnia.

For Bosnia it offers 3 options:

- international wire in USD, includes banking fees. (Our currency on the listing is set to EUR and all the payouts were received to my fathers bank account in EUR. My guess is that this option includes conversion fees from USD to EUR as well, or that they are using a different intermediary bank for transactions to Bosnia. For Croatia namely I can choose between bank wire in EUR or bank wire in HRK - and for both of them it says: "No fees")

- payoneer in EUR, may include fees (we are not interested in this option...)

- Western Union, 10 USD fees per transaction. (I find it hard to believe that this is a fixed fee and does not depend on the total amount of the payout. Does anyone have any experience with WU transactions?)

For Croatia it offers 5 options:

- paypal in EUR, includes fees

- paypal in USD, includes fees

- bank transfer in EUR (it says no fees -  really? Can anyone from Croatia confirm this?)

- bank transfer in HRK (no fees??)

- payoneer in USD

Can anyone from the long-term hosts help me shed some light on this payout situation from their experience? My goal is of course to keep the fees as low as possible with the payout options I have. Ideally, I would like the money to go straight to my parents to Bosnia (if anyone can confirm that the Western Union fees do not change depending on the payout amount). The second best option would be to have the payout sent to Croatia (if Croatian hosts can confirm that the bank transfers do not incur fees, as stated on airbnb), and then I would find a way to get the money to my parents...

I am grateful for any feedback from anyone, who has more experience with hosting and payments on airbnb...

Thank you in advance!

Best,

Anada

2 Replies 2
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Anada0  The cheapest option is a Personal PayPal account. 

You can transfer money from your PayPal balance to your local bank account in 2 ways:

Using your eligible Visa & MasterCard debit or prepaid card:
  1. Click Transfer to your bank below your PayPal balance.
  2. In the "Transfer to" drop down, you will be shown any cards in your wallet that are eligible for processing transfers.
  3. Select where you're transferring the money from, and then select to where you're transferring the money.
  4. Choose the amount you want to transfer.
  5. Click Next.
  6. Review your request, and then click Transfer.

There is a $0.25 fee to transfer money using your eligible debit or prepaid card.

All transfers are subject to review and could be delayed or stopped if we identify an issue.

Estimated arrival: about 30 minutes.

Using your bank account:
  1. Click Transfer to your bank below your PayPal balance.
  2. Select where you're transferring the money from, and then select to where you're transferring the money.
  3. Choose the amount you want to transfer.
  4. Click Continue.
  5. Review your request, and then click Transfer.

There’s no charge to transfer money from your PayPal balance to your local bank account. Some banks may charge a fee for transfers. Contact your bank directly for more information.

Transfers made after 7:00 PM ET or on weekends or holidays take longer.

All transfers are subject to review and could be delayed or stopped if we identify an issue.

You can also transfer money from your PayPal balance by requesting a check. (There’s a fee of $1.50 USD for check withdrawals.)

Estimated arrival: 1 business day

http://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/country-worldwide

Dear Letitia, thank you for your feedback!

Paypal is unfortunately not a payout option for Bosnia. That leaves me again with the question if I can choose Croatia as the billing country (that´s where I live and where my airbnb profile is registered) even though the listed property is located in Bosnia? Would you know anything about that? If that is possible, it would be great, because then paypal would definitely be the way to go for us...

Thank you so much...

Kind regards,

Anada