What is the problem with my listing all the sudden?

Shannon144
Level 2
Surprise, AZ

What is the problem with my listing all the sudden?

I should start by saying that I am a co-host of a listing. The owner is out of state and I do virtually everything for this listing .

Does that prevent me from seeing everything on the site?  On the notifications page, I have a message that says we're falling

behind on the airbnb hosting standards, but when I tap the "find out more" it takes me to the basic web page that tells new

hosts what's expected of them. We have NOTHING but glowing5 star reviews from literally every 

guest that has stayed with us. We have never cancelled a reservation ,and our average response time to all inquiries is ONE HOUR! 

What on earth could we possibly be doing better?  We were superhosts until last month, and with no word of explanation we're not 

anymore. What is going on airbnb ? And isn't there any more direct means of getting feedback for our listing and what's going on 

with it?  I take this very personally and put my all into it. I am in constant contact with each and every guest from the time they make 

their reservation until the day they check out, and go above and beyond to ensure the best experience for our guests. 

Anyone else have the same thing happening?  How do I fix this ?

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Shannon144  I can't say why you've gotten this "warning". If you don't have access to the hosting page, you might ask the ownersto take a look- it usually says what they think you're "falling down on". And sometimes it could be a glitch in the system.

I took a look at the listing. There is one duplicate photo that could be removed, and it's really weird and cheesy for the hosts to have itemized what they paid for the bed linens and telling potential guests that if they stain one pillowcase, they need to pay for an entire set of linens. This is not how to run an Airbnb, and if I were a guest, it would totally turn me off the place. They also listed the website the linens were purchased from, which has been blocked by Airbnb (you can't include websites in a listing description), so that looks bad. I don't know if that has anything to do with the warning, but I think this is the owner's responsibility to clean up their listing description. And under Guest Access, it starts out "They will have access....." It should read "Guests have access...." or "You have access----".

The whole listing description gives off mixed messages- extolling the fantasticness of their place, then warning guests in what sounds like an aggresive way.