What's Airbnb contributing to Australian Bushfires?

Susan598
Level 6
Urrbrae, Australia

What's Airbnb contributing to Australian Bushfires?

As our country deals with catastrophic bushfires, and entire communities and ecosystems are being wiped out, hundreds of international companies and individuals have announced non-tokenistic support. I am looking to find out what Airbnb is doing for one of its most profitable countries. Offering Open Homes is a HOST contribution, granting exemptions from cancellation punishments is not a CONTRIBUTION. Can someone point to any support Airbnb is providing from their vast profits from this country. "Working with the authorities" is too vague for me to understand. I am profoundly disappointed. Can someone point to any real contributions to cheer me up? 

2 Replies 2
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

hello @Susan598 from across the Tasman Sea in Auckland, New Zealand

Thoughts are with you all in Australia.

As mentioned in another post, whilst I'm not in Australia, any people who live in Australia who are wanting some respite here in Auckland, are welcome to send me a msg and ask for a special discounted rate as I'm happy to help out where I can by providing accommodation  for anyone who needs healing space.

It's a heck of a rough experience and very sad what has happened in Australia.

Take Care

Central To All Home & Location, Remuera, Auckland, NZ

It is the generosity of hosts like Helen427 that have been very important to the victims of the fires. This is the real generosity of many individuals who are not seeking accolades or marketing advantages. Thank you Helen427 for your warm and meaningful offer and thoughts 💜