What should I do when my Airbnb guest swapped with another person?

Answered!
Kade2
Level 2
Denpasar, Indonesia

What should I do when my Airbnb guest swapped with another person?

So, Kayla (my guest) has booked a room here for one month, and she has already stayed for a week, but suddenly Kalya wanted to check out and move to another Airbnb place, and she has an idea to bring a different person (lets call her River) here to swap her room.

River is also an Airbnb guest who is staying in a Airbnb place nearby, and Kayla wants to move to River's Airbnb place, and River wants to move to here, where Kayla is staying through Airbnb. I am concerned if is it is allowed in Airbnb to swap guests. What do I do?

Please help me with an answer.

1 Best Answer
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Kade2 

If Kayla booked your place then it is on her name, not River's so it would be like a third party booking which is not allowed at Airbnb for several good reasons. For example what if River do some damage to your property? What about reviews? It is more complicate then they think.

If they want to swap they should contact Airbnb and see what can be done.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Kade2 

If Kayla booked your place then it is on her name, not River's so it would be like a third party booking which is not allowed at Airbnb for several good reasons. For example what if River do some damage to your property? What about reviews? It is more complicate then they think.

If they want to swap they should contact Airbnb and see what can be done.

Thank you Branka & Silvia, this really helps!

Susan608
Level 3
Longs, SC

Only problem is, Airbnb won't back you up on this. I have had a terrible guest experience with someone else showing up at my door and Airbnb won't stand on their own policy. They canceled the reservation and refunded the account holder.

Susan608
Level 3
Longs, SC

I get third party hosting all the time and Airbnb does nothing about it.