What should i do? Ferguson fire at Yosemite National Park

Tong-Sheng0
Level 1
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

What should i do? Ferguson fire at Yosemite National Park

i am thinking to cancel the trip to Yosemite and stay in San Francisco instead due to the fire. Should i cancel and do a new reservation now? Or shall i wait for the host to response so i can get the refund? Will arrive San Francisco in 2 days 

3 Replies 3
Tueykay0
Level 10
Santa Monica, CA

@Tong-Sheng0

Inform the guest and Airbnb. Have Airbnb cancel the reservation for you and ask them to help you look for accomodations. That the procedure. Cancelling because of fire in an area should not penalize anyone. Safety first. Also, if there is a fire near where you are planning on staying- the host may not be able to host you anyways. When there is a fire, many roads are shut down and residents may have to plan for evacuations.

Hope this helps and good luck

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Is the government putting out a warning against travel to the area?

If not, you may not get a refund.

Tueykay0
Level 10
Santa Monica, CA

@Tong-Sheng0

There are currently mandatory evacuations in the area for the fire. Please call Airbnb to cancel the reservation and ask them to help you to find new stay for San Francisco.

Air quality is bad. While some parts of the park remain open-all visitors enter with a warning that they can be evacuated at any moment. 

To answer 

@Helen3--YES! There is a warning if residents are asked to evacuate...Highways are closed and the smoke is blowing all the way to central California.