What supplies for longer term?

Rick4214
Level 1
Parker, CO

What supplies for longer term?

Hi all,

I have a suite in my home I rent (https://airbnb.com/h/sceniccolorado) and occasionally, I've had longer term greater than 2 weeks, staying.  

In general what cleaning and laundry supplies do you provide in the suite?  Bathroom cleaning?  General Purpose cleaners and towels?  Extra sheets & towels?  

Also, do you schedule cleanings during the stay?  Do you change the linens, or provide clean linens to the guest and let them make the bed?  How often do you offer the fresh linens?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Rick4214  I leave a toilet cleaning product and a sanitizing spray for the sink and countertop along with a container of wipes or a roll of paper towels in the bathroom cupboard for guest use.  I leave a reasonable supply of scent free laundry detergent near the washer as I prefer that only certain products are used in the machine.  

I would not leave linens beyond what is used to set up the bedroom.  If the guest is staying longer than a week, I would let the guest know that the linen exchange will be on X day and with their previous knowledge and consent, you will enter and makeup the bed.  If the guest does not agree to entry, they make their own bed and leave the soiled linens in X location (provide a basket).  

I would schedule a bathroom clean along with the linen exchange.  If the guest refuses entry, then the guest is responsible for cleaning the bathroom with the provided products.

I would supply one additional set of towels per guest as many people no longer reuse towels for a week, and two sets would perhaps keep them from doing laundry every day.  If you leave more than that, the guests will use everything with little regard for conservation.