What to do when guests pass their check out time but no at the house with all their belongings there

Benny73
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

What to do when guests pass their check out time but no at the house with all their belongings there

Just wondering if there is anything to do when we are out of the country. The guests pass their check out time but none of them are there with there stuff scattered around the house.  My cleaner went inside but left because of liability issues. I can’t be there as me and my family are out of the country. Called Airbnb support and they can’t seem to be able to get a hold of them. I can’t get a hold of them. These are UK travelers.  Any tips would be much appreciated 

7 Replies 7
Michael935
Level 2
New Orleans, LA

How long after check out time did they stay?  Did you have another guest arriving the same day?

Benny73
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

It’s now 3:30 pm still haven’t heard back from them and fortunately no one is coming today and tomorrow. But what’s my option here? Any tips? 

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

@Benny73 

Tell Your cleaner to take all their belongings to the local lost and found.

The guests can pick everything up there against a fee.

@Ute42 there isn't any such thing in the US.

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Benny73 

I am so sorry.

Probably a silly question but did you try calling them? Send a message on Airbnb and also to their number! Get Airbnb online again and insist on calling them giving them a timeline till 5pm or something, otherwise they will be placed in the lost and found. Being firm and giving Airbnb timelines makes it likely they react! 
Good luck to you! 
Yadira 🙂

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Benny73  I would strongly suggest that it doesn't work to be out-of-the country without having anyone else assigned to co-host in your absence. All sorts of things could come up. Obviously it's not the cleaner's job to deal with things like this.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Benny73 the most likely explanation is that they are confused about their check-out date. I would continue to try to call them. You can also charge them for over-stay. Agree with @Sarah977 that you need a local co-host.

See section 8.2:  https://www.airbnb.com/terms