When a guest leaves early

Jennifer2686
Level 2
Antlers, OK

When a guest leaves early

We had a couple of brothers come here to duck hunt. I was notified this morning at about 10:30 am that they had some family things come up and were leaving today, instead of Friday. They apologized for the shot notice, packed up their things and were out the door by noon ish. 

They have not asked for a refund.  What is the policy on leaving early, with no notice? This was their first experience with Airbnb and they were very happy with us and their experience.  

I have honestly spent more waking hours on Airbnb trying to learn things, figure things out, finding ways to improve our hosting etc. than anything else.

But for the life of me, finding clear cut answers to some of my questions is impossible.

I have so many questions I need to ask about so many different things. Ugh!

At the bottom of the screen it says 'add tags to help other people find your post'  What are tags, how do I use them?  No, I am not kidding y'all. I am very computer illiterate and feel very foolish with all these tech savvy hosts around the world doing all these amazing things. I'm sitting here going "Huh? I don't get it!"   What I need is a big tall glass of computer smart on the rocks, but nobody has come up with that yet! 

Help? 

I thank you in advance for any guidance you may offer! 

Jennifer

2 Replies 2

@Jennifer2686  When guests choose to leave early, you don't need to take any action - and you certainly don't owe any kind of refund. It's like if you order dinner at a restaurant, you're required to pay for the whole meal, but it's up to you whether you finish it.

What I do recommend doing is writing to your guest in the Airbnb message thread to thank them for their stay and acknowledge that they departed. This gives you a paper trail in the event that anything odd comes up later. As long as they returned the keys and left nothing damaged, all that's left is writing the review.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Believe me, not all of us are tech-savvy. When hosts start talking here about channel managers, internet activated door-locks and other tech-related stuff, they may as well be speaking ancient Greek or discussing the mechanics of jet engines for all the sense it makes to me. 

@Jennifer2686