When are check in instructions sent to the guest?

Answered!
AD10
Level 2
Memphis, TN

When are check in instructions sent to the guest?

I dont send an additional check in message.  I use the self check in system under guest resources.  I know they are only sent to confirmed guests, but when are these instructions sent to them?  For instance, if the booking is 6 months out and I have a confirmed reservation, I wouldn't want to guest to have the check in procedure that far in advance.  It seems there is a security concern with this if someone would have instructions on how to access the home this far ahead of time.  I assume there is some safe guard in place for this, but wanted to confirm.

Thanks

A. D.

1 Best Answer
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

According to the Help pages, @AD10, guests do not see the self-check-in instructions until 3 days before their reservation starts: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1926/how-do-i-add-check-in-instructions-to-my-listing

Does that help?

View Best Answer in original post

19 Replies 19
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Most hosts send a separate check in message close to the check in date for the security reasons you reference, @AD10.  Is there a reason you cannot do this as well?  You may think there is more automation to the messaging than there is.  You can save a message and use a canned message but you will have to do it manually, I believe.

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

According to the Help pages, @AD10, guests do not see the self-check-in instructions until 3 days before their reservation starts: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1926/how-do-i-add-check-in-instructions-to-my-listing

Does that help?

Thanks for the help Lawrene.  I couldn't seem to find that anywhere.

That's because the search function in Help is poorly designed, @AD10 

It's not you. 🙂

But for future, I have found it is better to turn to Google to find something on the Airbnb platform than to use the search bar. 

Christine1649
Level 2
Campbell River, Canada

Your question is similar to mine in that I've had at least three guests who don't see my check in info! One drove around town for two hours until I got Home. AirBnb assured me the instructions are in the right place but I felt terrible they did not check in as per instructions. So now I ask every guest if they see my check in instructions and most of them do and some don't. Am I doing something wrong here!?? I will follow some advice on here and just send it as a message every time I suppose. Thanks for any feedback!!

Shyamsundar0
Level 1
Kathmandu, Nepal

are any  informations  insufficient  in my concern ? let me know 

Shyamsundar0
Level 1
Kathmandu, Nepal

ok all right !

Noel102
Level 10
Houston, TX

I send a message the day before their arrival with check-in instructions and house rules.

Jeannette66
Level 2
Melbourne, Australia

I've added check-in instructions to all of my listings and have a link to Airbnb's check-in guide that is send the they before. I've just set up a new listing, however am unable to find where I can copy and past the link to the check-in guide on Airbnb.

I'm having the same issue. I always send check in info the morning of their check in- went to do that just now and the little key icon is gone from the messaging and I can't find any other way to send the check in info. Any help with this is appreciated!

Sofia451
Level 2
Stockholm, Sweden

Hi @AD10 this is a great question and important for several reasons.  Guests do not receive the Airbnb check-in instructions until three days before their reservation commences.  

As a professional co-host I use software to help automate much of the messaging with guests.  This includes an automatic message sent upon booking confirmation, a message on the day of check in, and one the day after they have checked in.  This encourages greater communication from guests - which is extra work - but also means I avoid problems, and if something does go wrong, guests are comfortable communicating with me, so I can fix the problem quickly. Good luck with your hosting! Sofia

Even me the key Icon for check in I can see it and guests are check in in the next 2 days. It was very good that function because it will explain the guests step by step. So hope it will be sorted soon by airbnb. Any help with this is appreciated 

I'm having a same problem. Almost no guest ever reads the airbnb's email three days before the check in which includes the check in instructions. I've always sent the link to check in instructions using the key icon but now they've deleted this option and it's a pain trying to guide the guest to check in instructions. I think this a step back from airbnb and hope the key icon will be brought back soon.

Jake101
Level 2
Austin, TX

Removing the key button with the link for check-in really sucks Airbnb. I used to manually send the link, but now I can't. And I since y'all do an awful job showing the guest where the check-in instructions are, I just had a guest knock in the middle of the night waking us up... Please fix this! It's been an issue for a long time now from the looks of it.