When does the customers credit card get charged when booking?

When does the customers credit card get charged when booking?

Hi I am new to this just listed a couple days ago and I have someone wanting to book for 2 nights.  I thought that I read somewhere that their card was not charged until 24 hours before arrival but she is telling me it is trying to charge it now.  Can someone help me out. I thought that when she put her card in it just held the reservation. I would like to speak to someone but can't find a phone number to call. Any help would be greatly appreciated because the price that they are trying to charge is not right either. 

Jennifer

4 Replies 4
Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

Hello @Jennifer509,

The customer pays at the time of booking.  At that point, Airbnb holds the money until the time of the reservation. They send the payout to the host 24 hours after check in.  The money arrives in the host's account one or two business days later.

Ok can you tell me how to see what they are going to be charged?  I don't think the amount is right. I am charging $199 per night but $20 per person above the first 2 people and they are bringing 9 people so the charge should be $339 for 2 nights plus $100 cleaning fee. How can I confirm the amount is right?

The guest does not pay what you charge because there are (Airbnb) fees that both the guest and host must pay. So you also do not get the full amount you are charging. Host fees are taken out of what you charge. Please go to the Help Center and read up about payments. It's explained quite clearly. 

I have customers that are canceling because of the fact that the money that they're being charged for the stay is being taken out automatically. And that's not something that they were expecting. Because when we go on to expedia online or any other place they charge when they check in.  I just don't  understand.