When is the last possible time you can leave a review

Paul41
Level 4
Liverpool, United Kingdom

When is the last possible time you can leave a review

I had some very poor guests who disturbed the neighbours and ignored the house rules. I want to leave them an honest review but avoid giving them too much time to write a revenge review. 

I know it’s 14 days from checkout but exactly what time ? My checkout time is 12pm and I normally receive a prompt to review someone about 2pm . 

So when exactly on day 14 would be the last chance to review them. 

17 Replies 17
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Paul41,

I'm not sure if youe realise it but they can't write a revenge review i.e. one where the contents are a reaction to your review of them. They can't see your review until they've written one or until the 14 day period for leaving their review has passed, in which case they can no longer leave a review of you.

Like hosts are, guests are also prompted shortly after checkout, and also shortly before the review period end, to leave a review. So , presuming that they've checked out they'll already have received a prompt to leave a review. If they really wanted to leave a bad review they'd probably have done so already, unless they're attemting the same thing as you are. To counter that you'd have to leave a review in good time so it appears immediately that they leave theirs.

From the post below it would appear that Airbnb has given differing answers to this question.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/When-is-14-days-not-14-days/m-p/70737#M19318

Steve.

Kirla0
Level 1
New York, United States

Hola... Estoy un poco asustada hay un guest escribiendome pero tiene malos reviews de dos personas diferentes. Yo no quiero recibirlo y me ha escrito e. Dos oportunidades distintas.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Paul41  It must be done before your check out time on the 14th day. my is 11 AM CS rep recommended 6 AM to me to be safe. 

@Paul41 Airbnb support has given different people different answers about when the review time closes.

I myself do not know definitely how it works, but I did test it one time.

For a guest that checked out on a Saturday, I had until the Saturday 14 days afterwards, and for me the review window closed at 3 pm my local time.

Note that my check-in time starts at 3 pm, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Also I don't know if the review window is sensitive to your local time zone. (Meaning, maybe it closes at 3 pm Pacific Time, so it would close at 6 pm Eastern Time.) (Or maybe it closes at 3 pm Eastern time. Or maybe at your check-in time. Who knows?)

Spencer68
Level 1
London, Canada

This is a little off topic but I find the 14 day restriction for leaving a review is too restrictive. I had a great stay at La Champ Fleuri with Gilles and his partner in Saints-Anges Quebec while guiding an offsite corporate training. I left for Iraq a couple days after my stay and returned about the same time as my review was due. The internet in Iraq is terrible so made doing any email or anything on the internet very challenging. Would be nice if there could be a way of leaving a review after the 14 days. Does anyone know if there is another way? Thanks for your help.

Robbie54
Level 10
North Runcton, United Kingdom

@Spencer68  14 days for the majority of guests is more than adequate, and you still had the opportunity to leave a review the day after you left. Finding yourself in Iraq with limited  internet connection is generally not the norm 🙂 

Azzuri0
Level 5
Ubud, Indonesia

it is exactly 14 days since you get the email to review a guest, so if you get the email for example on Monday at 2 pm, review period will expire on Monday in 2 weeks time at 2 pm, you can even see minutes countodwon before expiry

Sherry154
Level 2
Homestead, FL

my guest didn't leave a review in September because she was immediately traveling for work internationally after she left and now that she is back home and wants to leave a review. Is there a work around on this 14 time limit? 

@Sherry154  No it's the 14 days that's it. No other options available. Sorry. 

Thanks- I think that is a restrive policy for the guests.  

Christene5
Level 2
Plettenberg Bay, South Africa

HI, I wanted to find out - so its on the 14th day. But at what time? Is it before check-out time (for me thats 10am) or the next check-in time (for me that is 3pm). Many thanks!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I can’t remember as I would just leave it on the final day. @Christene5 

Have a look at review information on the Airbnb Help website.

Christene5
Level 2
Plettenberg Bay, South Africa

Thanks Helen, I found a count down timer on the message of the guest, showing me how many hours I have left until the review can be sent.

I noticed it was at 5pm two weeks after check out date. On the phone app it let you me how many hours left to leave a review, even one hour before.