When will I receive the payment?

Sandra432
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

When will I receive the payment?

Hello. I am going to host someone for the firs time. I have accepted their request to book my flat but how can I be sure everything has gone through correctly? 

I guess when I will receive the payment tjhat will be my confirmation. But I have not received anything yet. Have the guests already masde the payment and it's being hold by airbnb or they could potentially not pay and not come at all? 

I am planning quite a few things around them being in my flat so I need to make sure they have 100% made the payment. 

Any help? 

Many thanks. 

Sandra 

5 Replies 5
Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

After you accepted their request, you should have gotten a "Confirmed!  So and so will be arriving on such and such date!"  at the top of the message chain.  That seems to suffice as a confirmation.  And then you occasionally get a reservation reminder  prior to the guest's arrival.  

There is no formal check in. That is, you do not click anywhere once the guest arrives.  I think the first time, I got a message "how did so and so's arrival go?", but not since then.

Payment arrives approximately 24 hours after check in.  You will get a message that a payout of $x has been sent.  In my experience it is a bit less than 24 hours.  I think usually it is by the next mid-morning (when technically my checkin is at 3:00 PM).

Good luck!

Hi just wondering the same thing above. For first time host is there a delay in the first payment made ? We are on our 2nd renter and no payment received yet 

thanks 

Aija0
Level 2
Riga, Latvia

you will get the payment from Airbnb the next day after your guest arrive.

Caroline1296
Level 1
Market Bosworth, United Kingdom

What if my payment has not arrived 

@Caroline1296 On the reservation page there is a help link - it will lead you to a contact airbnb if you couldn't find an answer via the suggested help tips. They usually answer within 24 hours - usually much faster 🙂