When will there be some guidance from Airbnb about Nov lockdown

Emma2272
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

When will there be some guidance from Airbnb about Nov lockdown

I’m astonished there has been no communication about Nov lockdown. I’m asking guests to change their bookings to a later date so they don’t lose fees...I’ve just had a new request...which I’ve declined of course. Why aren’t Airbnb admin messaging all existing Nov guests, hosts and blocking new bookings? 

4 Replies 4
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Emma2272 airbnb cover their tracks by saying you will need to follow local rules and regulations at all times. So it is your job to inform your guests and do all the administrative work concerning your bookings. If you do not want any future bookings, better close the calendar for the necessary number of days. It is still possible to travel for work though, so you might miss out on some bookings.

Follow local laws and regulations also go for the guests, so it is really up the guests to cancel or reschedule, but it will not harm to give them a gentle reminder and ask for the purpose of their visit. It is unlikely that all your bookings are work related.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Emma2272 

it’s up to us as hosts to contact our November bookings to advise them about the change in legislation (I did mine over the weekend).

You can still accept bookings from those coming to your area for work or if they are in between permanent homes. I am updating my list to confirm this. 

I’ve suggested guests move their dates if they can or if not I have suggested they contact Airbnb to cancel and I will support/approve a full refund. 

Best of luck @Helen3 & @Emma2272 . I’m thinking of you. 💐

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Ah thanks @Cathie19 

Scary times indeed. Difficult as it is for us to have live under lockdown again.Most of us understand that we need to do this to protect our NHS from being overwhelmed  so that we have the resources to care for those who become  ill.

Sadly we will always have the selfish view who continue to party,  or continue to meet in groups. Once again we have seen idiots panic buying clearing the supermarket shelves leaving nothing for the old and vulnerable or for the very key workers who are are saving their lives or keeping the economy going.