Where can I see that local taxes are being paid?

Answered!
Jennifer1178
Level 2
Norwalk, CT

Where can I see that local taxes are being paid?

I'm trying to confirm and see what taxes my guests are being charged and that it is being paid to the state and municipality.  Hoping someone can direct me.  Thanks!

1 Best Answer
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Jennifer1178  Go to your Progress page Click on Earnings, scroll down to Transaction History click on that. On the righthand side you will see a green Gross Earnings click on that and it will show all the taxes paid by AirBnB. 

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

$206 x 7 nights

$1,441

15% weekly price discount

-$216

Cleaning fee

$135

Service fee

$173

Occupancy taxes and fees

$136

Total
$1,669

Accommodations Tax (Vermont) Local Option Rooms Tax (Manchester Township)

Are those all your taxes?
David

Thank You David - Very helpful to see the break out that our guests will see - and yes, those are the taxes listed.  

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Jennifer1178  Go to your Progress page Click on Earnings, scroll down to Transaction History click on that. On the righthand side you will see a green Gross Earnings click on that and it will show all the taxes paid by AirBnB. 

Jennifer1178
Level 2
Norwalk, CT

Thank You Letitia for helping me locate the exact section that shows that AirBnB paid the State & Local taxes. Much appreciated!

John1080
Level 10
Westcliffe, CO

@Letti0 Thank you, I had no idea that was there! 

Jorge837
Level 2
Ponce, Puerto Rico

Thanks, first time I look it didn't showed the tax payment. Now I find it.

Klaus140
Level 1
Vils, AT

Hi everyone, 

i am new to Airbnb and hosting, so according to you guys: airbnb will pay all the local taxes on my behalf and I do not need to pay any tax .

is that correct?

Dave389
Level 2
Falmouth, MA

I'm from MA and our new occupancy tax will be go into effect on July 1. Airbnb says that they will collect and remit on my behalf. I have reservations for after July 1st, but I'm not sure how to see if taxes were collected at the time of the renter's credit card was charged. All I see in the reservation is my room price and the Airbnb service fee. I need this information to price accordingly.

Thanks,

Dave