Where do I find my travel credit balance and their expiration dates?

Victoria1
Level 2
El Cerrito, CA

Where do I find my travel credit balance and their expiration dates?

I have accrued travel credits thru friend referrals and as superhost. Where can I find my balance and the expiration dates for each? Thanks!

55 Replies 55
Amber1
Level 7
Key West, FL

I am looking for the same thing. I received a few emails from credits for referrals and also as compensation for an airbnb error, but it doesn't seem like there is an easy way to find them. I thought they'd be listed somewhere?

Eva562
Level 2
California, United States

Here:  https://www.airbnb.com/account-settings/payments/payment-methods

I just got off a support chat and filed a feedback complaint, after spending an hour, for the second time, looking for it. The first time, I also asked support, who sent a link, only it disappeared from my inbox. This time, I also went to Help (no topic on 'where do I find my travel credits / coupons') and no real answers here, so here it is. Also, you can only use one per reservation.

This showed my credit but it still did not show when the credit expired. So frustrating!

Thanks for sharing the link!

I just spoke with support, who said that the money can only be seen and used when making a booking. That has got to be illegal.

Staci0
Level 2
San Mateo, CA

I can't find them either!  And I have pretty much searched everywhere on the site.  If you find out, pls let me know. Thank you!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Staci0@Victoria1@Amber1,

Lovely to meet you all, I wonder have you seen this Help Center article? It says that 'your available travel credits automatically appear as a coupon on the checkout page of your reservation request. If the travel credits aren't automatically added, it means the reservation does not qualify.' 

I hope this is helpful. If anyone else has any tips on this please do share. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

When you go to "Invite A Friend" it shows how many credits you presently have earned and also any people you have invited, but that have not yet earned you any credits.  I cannot find where the expiration date is listed on my credits, but they say you lose them if they are not used within a year of earning them.  I wonder if they remind you before they are gone.

They don't remind us.  I was sad to see mine disapear...

Nathalie35
Level 1
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I had the same concern.. Like how do one know which reservation qualifies for travel credits application? Anyone who can share the answer to this, much appreciated.. Thanks.

Eilidh0
Level 2
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Hi @Lizzie

Thanks for this.

I had some travel credit, which was added to a booking, but I removed it as I had 100dollar coupon to use. But now the travel credit has completely disapeared, but I have not used it! What can I do about that?

Thank you!

Eilidh

Eilidh0
Level 2
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Ah! I checked the giftcard balance, which I notice is something different. Seems the credit is still there. How do you know which bookings it will be valid on?

Thank you @Lizzie 🙂 I think I understand now... looks like I won't be able to use my credit until I book with a host that's over $75/nite, or $75 total... if I read it right?? Wish I'd know this before I booked my april airbnb lodging, as that would have/ could have allowed me to stay 2 nights. And they expire? Hmmm... not fair... wish they didn't..... thanks again!! Signed, A Happy Host in NM:) 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Lillie0,

Great to speak with you. Yeah, travel credit is due to expire a year after issue, as mentioned in the article. 🙂

Exciting you are planning a trip - are you going somewhere nice? 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.