Where do I find my travel credit balance and their expiration dates?

Victoria1
Level 2
El Cerrito, CA

Where do I find my travel credit balance and their expiration dates?

I have accrued travel credits thru friend referrals and as superhost. Where can I find my balance and the expiration dates for each? Thanks!

55 Replies 55

Ok, let's face facts, AIRBNB is lousy when it deals with credit. Even a credit I took for a Covid cancellation inst4ad of money back I can't find. And they don't show you or tell you because they just prefer you not to use them. Customer service and satisfaction is NOT on the top of their list.

Hi Lizzie, something we all seem to be searching for is how to find the expiration date of a referral credit, or conversely the date when it was issued.  Is this possible? 

Thanks, Victoria

Hi Everyone,

No-one seems to be answering the question - Where do we find the expiration date? 

Thank you & Happy Hosting ~!

I AM trying to make a reservation and I do not see any travel credit in the coupon section. what does it mean by "the listing doenst qualify?" and where and ow do we find information on "qualifications for travel credit"?

Is there anywhere at the site at my account where I can find a listing of my credits and codes just to keep track? If not, why now. I've spent over an hour poking around your site looking for this: waste of my time and only increases my hostility to AirBnB

i have done the same. i don't get it.

Hello, I got $45 credit from my friend refferal but in the check out page i dont see my credit and the value of the rent is over $300!! Could you please help?

I have tried 5 different places and they do not show up. I was sent to 100 dollar credits to use before the end of the year. Where are they?

I was awarded Superhost status for four quarters in a row and as a result, received a notice from Airbnb that I was issued a $100 travel credit to use on future travels. Now I can't find it anywhere on the Airbnb site. Where is it? How do you find it? Why does Airbnb issue these and then hide them?

Daniel

Yeah I have the same problem. Where is the 100 USD trave credit listed and how can I apply it on booking? Seems like discount does not come automatically even tho the booking is qualifying for that?

Liz-and-Chris0
Level 2
Bronte, Australia

I agree. I have received automated emails to tell me I have received travel credits for a couple of different things, but couldn't find anywhere within the Airbnb website/app which logs this balance. I went to make a booking a few months ago and wanted to apply this credit (which it qualified for) but I couldn't remember the code and couldn't find the original email. I feel the system doesn't seem to intuitively add travel credit onto bookings although that's what the 'help' page says it's supposed to do. I like that Airbnb have a few different options to receive travel credits. I ended up calling Airbnb who added it on from their end - but a very confusing system of how to view and redeem them.

Since I cannot even find my own post on this topic, I will post an update here. I found help through Airbnb Help on Twitter, who gave me the date of the email that was sent to me informing me of my Superhost coupon. I found this, then made a booking and on the payment page a box automatically appeared for coupon entry. Because of comments I read in this forum, I checked with my Hosts that they are being paid their usual rate and they confirmed they are. I do think that adding an item regarding these coupons in our Account Info would be a very good idea (as would an option to find one's own posts in the forum!).

Diana495
Level 10
Sheffield, United Kingdom

Airbnb credits are very badly managed by Airbnb, almost as though they don't want you to use them!  1) They shouldn't be time limited to a year 2) there should be a simple but effective way to view them, see the expiry and utilise them when so ever the user wishes.  Not rocket science....but then it is Airbnb an international organisation with customers around the world, access to massive resoources and technology, why would they invest in theirs software to make it transparent, honest, fair and easy to use - because they don't give a flying fig?

Click on your profile at the top right, it should be there. 

------

Source: [link removed]

Thanks, Xin. I looked all over my Profile and couldn't find it. Maybe it expired? I never saw it when I travelled to Norway this past summer and stayed with two Airbnb hosts. We have been Superhosts for over two years and have never been able to find or use any of the promised travel credits. Can you save them?