Where do I find my travel credit balance and their expiration dates?

Victoria1
Level 2
El Cerrito, CA

Where do I find my travel credit balance and their expiration dates?

I have accrued travel credits thru friend referrals and as superhost. Where can I find my balance and the expiration dates for each? Thanks!

55 Replies 55

Hi Daniel,

I have had the exact same issue. When I want to use them, I can't seem to find them.???

There must be someone that can help. Do they expire? 

Happy Holidays!  We'll figure this out somehow / someway!

Staci

Paul380
Level 1
Auckland, New Zealand

I got this crazy idea: Just sort it out! 

Just let us easily view what credits we have, like any normal site would! 

Koen0
Level 1
Hong Kong

Hi All,

I had the same issue. It is hard to find and now it's expired. It sort of rubs me the wrong way when you get credit, but it feels like the company does everything in its power to make viewing your credit hard. I am a big airbnb evangelist, but if I would have to point to anything that I dislike it's this.

If you provide your users with credit, either own it / make it easy or don't do it all together. It just makes it a bit "Walmart-y" to me.

Nicholas127
Level 1
Tallinn, Estonia

I have the same issue - there should be an option to see this information somewhere besides at checkout - it's counter-intuitive to the whole planning process to not know what we're working with from the beginning, and frustrating to be notified of credits but not be able to just view and confirm them easily.

Stan35
Level 1
San Diego, CA

Hey! AirBnB why are you hiding my money (credit) from me????
Are you so hateful that someone will be able to use it ath given timeframe that you hide it aeeper and deeper each year?

Shirley-and-Danny0
Level 2
Florida, United States

I am thinking that the way the travel rewards for hosts are handled on Airbnb are not how they would be handled if this was for guests?? 

SOLUTION: Please make a section on our host profile page for "hosting rewards" or "travel credits" that includes an expiration date and any special rules on use.  If you'd like I will design the page for you.  Should take all of 30 minutes. 

We as superhosts are expected to host guests by anicipating and circumventing problems BEFORE they happen.  In the instance, hosts are making you aware of an issue and even providing the very easy solution however we are not being heard.  This is a good example where Airbnb as a "community" is starting to look, feel and care like a corporation that is getting to big.  Please make this easy fix. 

Thank you from a software designer and superhost for many years.

Even though I've received travel credits through referrals, my total credit shows 0. I know this is the way to check travel credits since I've used those in the past. Can anyone help me figure if I can send airbnb an email reporting this issue?Even though I've received travel credits through referrals, my total credit shows 0. I know this is the way to check travel credits since I've used those in the past. Can anyone help me figure if I can send airbnb an email reporting this issue?Screenshot 2018-02-17 at 10.29.14 AM.png

Shravan0
Level 2
Bengaluru, India

The expiration dates of Airbnb Travel credit often visible on the main page itself. Just login and click on the credit options this will give you the available credit with an expiration date. However the expiration date is only for the next referral credit if you have multiple referral credits then follow these steps to check the detailed exipration date of every Airbnb Referral coupon credit

1. Login to Airbnb site
  2. Click on Account Settings
  3. Then go to Payment Methods option
  4. Scroll to bottom there you will find Coupons section
  5. This will give you the list of available coupons with their individual expiry dates

airbnb.PNG

Thanks very much!

www.airbnb.co.uk/c/junjil13 for 25 pounds discount code!!

Thank you so much Shravan !

Many thanks, first logical explanation! 

Thanks so much. Very helpful. This works for the full Airbnb site on my laptop, not the mobile app. On my phone I can see coupons but not expiration dates.

I referred a friend. He never got the 45$ off and I never did get the 25$ off, we never saw any coupons anywhere nowhere in our account setting, when he tried to book he didnt see it in the checkout. Yes it was above 75$ US reservation. Very terrible and discouraging service. My friend is completely uninterested in using airbnb now by how complicated it is to get this 45$ off.

Diana495
Level 10
Sheffield, United Kingdom

The same thing happened to me, so I cancelled the Paypal transaction and told them to apply the credit coupon.....and they did.....after much BS