Where do I send documents to get a waiver of cancellation fees

Linda941
Level 2
Anchorage, AK

Where do I send documents to get a waiver of cancellation fees

I called Airbnb to tell them I had to cancel a guest on Christmas morning due to sewage backup in our tub and shower combo. I couldn’t find a plumber to come out on Christmas to find out whats the problem or fix it. The Airbnb said I would be fined and might be in danger of losing my super host status. They gave me a reference # and told me to send a copy of plumbers bill for review. But what they didn’t say was how I send it in or how to make the extenuating circumstance claim. I finally got a plumber out yesterday but can’t get a copy of the bill until tomorrow. Does anyone know where I send pictures of the tub and of the bill? I’ve never had to cancel a guest before in the 2 yrs of hosting. I’d appreciate any help you can give me.

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

HI Linda

I am in the same position.  I had to cancel due to central heating boiler breaking down.

Have since had boiler replaced and need to send documentation.  Airbnb do not make it

clear how to send documents.  I have had a message telling me to send by chat, but can't get on to Chat.   Neither did they make it clear that you only have 7 days to submit documents, which is

ridiculous.

I find airbnb policy of treating Hosts as the enemy  that need to be punished rather annoying.

I have  contacted airbnb and am waiting for them to get back to me.  If they give me the  necessary information I will let you know.