Where is Airbnb support? Airbnb is becoming one of the worst companies

Mike1034
Level 10
Mountain View, CA

Where is Airbnb support? Airbnb is becoming one of the worst companies

My guest could not come to stay in my place because the company canceled his internship. And I agreed with him to refund him. I contacted Airbnb support to do the cancellation on May 8th. Now a week has passed. Nobody from Airbnb cancellation department has got back to me.

This morning I called Airbnb support again to escalate it. And now 12 hours has passed, still no response. I was told that cancellation department will get back to me within 24 hours. I don't think that Airbnb is really doing its job.

I was told that the department handling the cancellation has no direct phone. They only respond through email or Airbnb message. Come on... Airbnb is intentionally making troubles to its hosts and guests. 

I tried to use host cancellation for the full refund to guest. But all dates would be blocked after I cancel it. Airbnb is becoming worse and worse as a company in every aspects. 

17 Replies 17

@Mike1034   Thank you for clarifying.

It's interesting that they're now applying Extenuating Circumstances to second-hand effects of the pandemic such as job losses. That was not the policy in months prior, and I still don't see any consistency there. But it does seem that they're incrementally moving toward flexible cancellation by default.

@Anonymous  Isn't that what Airbnb always do for Corvid-19 cancellation? Airbnb really does not care what the direct or indirect results as long as the booking period fall in their policy covered and the booking dates were before March 15. 

My friend had a reservation canceled when the guest said that he could not make it because he had to take care of his children due to the daycare center closure.

I have another intern whose internship was changed from onsite to remote. His booking was to start in mid of May and he booked in February. Airbnb still refunded him fully after its Corvid-19 coverage period was extended to May 31 from April 30. He got all his fund back while Airbnb paid me only 25% of the first 30 days booking. His entire intern was set at three months. Therefore, I only got about 8% of his booking.

Greg1595
Level 2
Austin, TX

Airbnb is not supporting hosts or superhosts enough. They let bad guests get away with damaging property and walking away without any responsibility, even when a claim is started. The Airbnb policies are too strict against hosts canceling on guests (especially superhosts losing status), and the policy about finishing a claim (even when it's clear from the chat messaging who created damages) before the next guest check in, is obviously too narrow to allow for a host to fix or repair damages before another guest arrives, WITHOUT cancelling them! Boo Airbnb! I'm listing my properties elsewhere even if they don't compete.