Where is my listing?

Bobbi14
Level 2
Anchorage, AK

Where is my listing?

Hello--I have a new listing (I think) but I can't see it on the website.  It is in a retirement community--Green Valley, Arizona--and is a long term rental.  The available dates are January 1 through March 31, 2018.  I cannot find the listing when I search, and it does not show up on the Green Valley map.

Could you please help out and let me know if the listing is showing up?  The first listing photo is a spectacular sunset from my patio.  THANK YOU ALL!!

17 Replies 17
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi,

I can see your listing from your profile: "Light, Bright, and Updated Townhouse". Seems to be a normal active listing.

But I can't find it if searching for accomodation in Green Valley, Arizona

If listing has been created recently (as i don't see any reviews for it): it can take several hours before it appears in search results !

Maybe have some patience...

Best,emiel

@Bobbi14, I just spent about 15 minutes fruitlessly scrolling around the map to Green Valley, Arizona and did not find your listing.

I made sure that I had no filters turned on, and tried looking for both 1 person and 4 person (no dates chosen).

I also used 2 different web browsers, and tried once logged into AirBnB, and once not logged in.

I widened the map and found 56 listings in Green Valley, but not yours.

(I am able to see the listing if I click on the link you have provided.)

I don't know why this is so. Usually when I do this I can find the person's listing.

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Bobbi14. Here's the deal:  You require a 90 day minimum stay and the only dates available on your listing for this number of nights is January 1 to April 1.  All other dates are blocked out.  Is this intentional?

Here's a picture of your listing in search results: 

Green Valley.jpeg

So your listing will not show in search results unless they enter these precise dates. 

Let me know if you have questions!

hmmm...the listing added almost $300 to the price I listed, so that may also be a factor.  I need to adjust that also, it seems...

Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

Good job @Clare0

Bobbi14
Level 2
Anchorage, AK

Thank you so much for your responses!  Claire, this is a "snowbird" rental so yes, the preference is a 3-month rental period for retired folks trying to get away from the cold up north. I do not want to do short-term rentals as the homes in our area are usually rented for the first 3 months of each year.   I will be at the townhouse through Christmas and generally want to return in April (since I live primarily in Alaska, I need to thaw out, too!).  However, I will try opening up a few days in late December and the first couple of weeks in April, and see if that helps.

So frustrating that the listing does not show up in the search for "Green Valley, Arizona!"  I created the listing last Saturday so the admin has had plenty of time to get it on the site, I hope.

@Bobbi14 Your listing does show for Green Valley, but it will only show for the dates I mentioned.  So, for example, if I entered November  1 to January 1 in my search preferences, you listing will not show in search results since your are not available for these dates. Airbnb only shows listings that are available according to the dates the guest enters so if they don't match your availability, your listing will not appear.  Only guests who look for January 1 to April 1 will see your listing unless you open up more dates on your calendar. 

@Bobbi14, there is no "admin" who needs to put your listing on the site. Your listing appeared on the site the moment you made it active. The reason no one is finding your listing is because of the restrictions you put on it.

I don't think you are fully appreciating what @Clare0 is communicating to you.

The only people who will see your listing are people who say they want to vacation in Green Valley, AZ from exactly Jan 1 to April 1.

If they say they want to vacation from Jan 1 to Mar 15, they won't see your listing.

If they say they want to vacation from Dec 29 to Apr 1, they won't see your listing.

If they say they want to vacation from Jan 1 to Apr 2, they won't see your listing.

Essentially, I would predict that exactly zero people would see your listing as it is currently set up. Adding a few days at the beginning or end won't make it much better.

Think about it: 3 experienced AirBnB hosts were told exactly where your listing was and could not find it.

@Clare0 eventually found it because she is an AirBnB ninja, and also went through a fair amount of trouble.

I understand you want to rent your listing for only 90 days; that's fine. But you have to set up your listing so that people can find it. Then, once they find your listing, you can talk to them about their travel plans.

But if no one can find your listing, you will have no one to talk to.

Just to be completely clear: If you don't remove the 90-day minimum, no one will see your listing.

Thank you.

This is a retirement community and 3 month (90) day rental periods are very common, as retiree snowbirds (I am one) often have the time and means to book a full 3 months instead of a few days to a couple of weeks at a time. My unit has had the same 3-month renters for the last 7 years but unfortunately, health issues made it impossible for them to rent this winter.  I did go in and change the new listing to a minimum of 30 days and the first guests have already booked.  

I greatly appreciate all the feedback and assistance, and am now officially a host instead of "just" a guest!

@Bobbi14, that's awesome news!

And please understand: I totally support getting bookings for 90 days, and get that it is not uncommon in your community.

I just wanted to make sure people *saw* your lovely listing so that they could send you booking requests.

David1618
Level 2
Binghamton, NY

Same for me. Can't find my listing out there?

@David1618, I looked at your AirBnB profile. It says you have no listings.

Perhaps you need to make the listing Active?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @David1618,

Lovely to meet you. 

It looks as though you have just joined Airbnb, so as @Emiel1 mentioned above it can take a few hours for your newly published listing to show up in search. Hopefully you can see it now. 🙂

The very best with hosting. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@David1618, I just looked again, and I can see your listing now!

I also did a search in your area, and it also appears on the map. Hooray!

It seems like a very nice listing in a nice area.

Some observations: I noticed all your photos were probably taken with your phone (which is fine), but they are all "tall" photos, instead of "wide" photos. This is not as good of a presentation. Your main listing photo gets way zoomed in and becomes a lovely sunset photo, but you can't see the beach and I'm not sure this was what you intended.

In your description, you mention a pool and grilling area. Maybe include photos of this?

Your photos also feature the beach. Maybe highlight your proximity to the beach in the first paragraph instead of later in "Other things to note"?

Best of luck with the hosting and welcome!