Where to learn about Laws or regulations for rural hosting in Clark County

Rob8242
Level 1
Portland, OR

Where to learn about Laws or regulations for rural hosting in Clark County

Having only enjoyed Airbnb as a satisfied guest in the past and liking the idea I am now considering what it might take take to be a host.  Most of the info on rules and regulations I can find are related to metro areas, but I'm thinking of offering a room or an ADU in a rural area in Clark County, but outside of city limits.

I read that  @Cynthia-and-Chris1 were the most informed, but I'm too new to know how to reach out to them directly on best way to research getting set up properly.  Do I start in Vancouver as the County seat, or do I start at the nearest town?

Would a bed & breakfast be a better way to go than a strict room or ADU rental?

Appreciate any helpful direction.

Thanks so much!

1 Reply 1
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Hello @Rob8242 and welcome to ABB CC from Auckland, New Zealand.

Have a browse here in CC using the Searchbox with related keywords, Clark County and others and you may find previous discussions on your area.

There may also be other helpful hints how to go about the issues you are seeking answers on.

You may also like to search through your local listings and see if there are others who do ABB in the area and network with them.

Living in a rural area one needs to look after each other, including when there's strangers are in your area.

All the best and Happy Hosting

Central To All Home and Location