Which guest left which rating that suggested "room for improvement"

Libby15
Level 2
Seattle, WA

Which guest left which rating that suggested "room for improvement"

I see the rating for my room was less than 5 stars in Location, for example.  I read AirBnb's tips but I want to know how to actually figure out which user(s) left which review.  

Is there a way to see not only what the guest wrote but also what they left as a review?  

5 Replies 5
Jim-and-Marcia0
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

I had two guest reviews come in at the same time and wanted to know which guest left 5 stars and which left 4 stars on some of the categories, so I called the Airbnb support team and the representative was able to tell me. I try to keep track if a guest marks down any specific category. It's interesting to see the correlation between what the guest shared with me during their stay and how they use the review tool.

Thanks, I agree it's very interesting to see the correlation.  

I could have sworn I saw it once on the platform and I was wondering if there was a way to navigate to it using the site?  

Regarding calling the support team - I haven't found that easily either.  

Any specific tips would be so much appreciated.  Thank you.  

Jude7
Level 10
Rhinebeck, NY

Okay.... I admit it.... I'm a bit zealous about how I like to do things.  Although many hosts will say it doesn't matter - I like knowing which guest left which rating.

My trick? I keep a spreadsheet of all my reviews and stars in each category. Since I know how many of each I have in each category, with each new review I can know exactly how they rated me.

Jude

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

I am of a differing opinion but I am impressed by @Jude7 keeping a spreadsheet! The only sheets I keep and spread are the ones on the beds...

I don't pay any attention anymore to who writes what, when I check someone in I can tell if they love it or not. and what kind of guest they are. I know there is always room for improvement and as a result I am constantly improving slightly, tweaking, but I feel I will never be done. And I can certainly not please everyone, I just hope the guests who will like my place are the ones who choose it.

I used to obsess over the reviews and stars but I find it tremendously stressful, in case someone marks you down, and it is best for me not to observe it too closely. A quick glance is all I do. Should you perform badly Airbnb will let you know in no uncertain terms so there is no need to fret. But each to their own!

I do adore a good review however.

I agree a spreadsheet is impressive!  I don't go to that degree.  I do work hard to tweak for good reviews, and ask guests what they like/don't like.  But, I believe I set expectations properly, and the reviews and comments are all good - so when I get an unexpected low mark for something I thought was clear, I want to understand who it was, what room they were in, what our conversation was, etc so that I can know how to improve.