Whitelisting an email address

Davis54
Level 2
Longmont, CO

Whitelisting an email address

I work for a company that makes guest messaging software for accommodation providers. One of my customers is using guest alias email addresses so they can get their Airbnb messages directly in our software. However, when they reply from our software, Airbnb is blocking the messages because they are getting filtered as spam. I've tried contacting support to get our email domain whitelisted, but they were not super helpful and I don't think they really understood the question. Has anyone had any success getting Airbnb to whitelist an email address for you? Any advice or tips you can share?

4 Replies 4
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Davis54   CS support cannot do anything for you.  This is a matter that you will have to take up with the programming department, who you cannot reach by phone, text or any medium that I am aware of.  Your client should be advised to log into their AirBnB traveler or host account and use AirBnB's communication tools.

Thanks for the info

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Davis54  I can't imagine why hosts would not simply respond to messages using the Airbnb messaging system, rather than shunting them through a third party. And it would be foolish for a host not to have their message exchanges with guests documented on the Airbnb platform.

Email addresses are blocked on Airbnb for a reason. Personal contact information is not allowed to be exchanged until after a booking is confirmed. 

The customer has their properties listed on multiple websites and uses multiple communication channels (like email, SMS, and Whatsapp) to contact their guests. Our software allows them to have all of their conversations in one inbox. We are using the alias email addresses that Airbnb provides (as described here: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2893/how-can-i-contact-guests-via-email-for-a-reservation#:~:tex...), so no personal information is being exchanged and all the messages are still documented within the Airbnb platform. 🙂