Who would agree to host 120 to 250 people at single family house in USA?

Who would agree to host 120 to 250 people at single family house in USA?

Hi All!

I'm absolutely serious asking my question. I'm located in Louisville, KY derby and bourbon capital. I decided to rent my whole house 4 bedrooms 3 baths and there was a guest who requested 1 night Friday stay - as his profile stands he was from Michigan which is fine ppl come to Louisville from all over, the only thing bothered me he had no reviews and joined same month current year. Hmmmm. I asked how many guests to expect the answer was 4-5 people. All set!

My house was in sale we did open house just 4 days before "dear guest " coming - so it was spotless. I left keys for him in safe spot and left for work. So far so good. I started to get text messages from my neighbors around 10pm with concerns if I am aware about huge party that will take place in our peaceful neighborhood in my house. To make the long story short - I dont know how I survived that night. There was caravan of cars and tons of people marching on streets leaving trash everywhere. I had to call 911 one car came, you wont be live they were shaking cop's car! My house was trashed but no major damages its unbelievable. If you would see my hardwood floors and carpeted floors that I recently professionally cleaned before open house - from 120 to 250 pair feet were there, spilled drinks on walls and furniture, trash everywhere, they didn't even flush the toilet. What can I say, I'm just devastated, I have to deal with home owner accosiation, all neighbors are in shock. I called Airbnb right after I picked all trash inside the house and from streets! They recommended to request money from guest for extra services. No respond it's more than 72 hours for now I'm waiting for Airbnb to step in. They just done cleaning my floors again I paid $650! Drywall cleaning and painting is next - estimate was $450! Not so bad could be way worse but who will reimburse? If anyone knows about how to deal with all that nonsense give an advice. I'm still in shock how did that happen to me...

2 Replies 2

Oh dear @Yuliana9 that is absolutely terrifying! I am so sorry to hear that. Have you contacted your insurance company? I recently set up my insurance to cover short term rentals (STR's) and of course there is a deductible but so worth it. Other question is do you have a security deposit feature set on your listing and have you send Airbnb any photos of the damage, police report etc to try and withhold their security deposit?

Fortunately with so many people crashing your pad the damage is seems minimal and glad to hear you didn't lose any personal property.

Marie82
Level 10
New South Wales, Australia

@Yuliana9  hosting 1 night on ABB is a risky business to avoid at all cost if u don't live on-site, as unfortunately, many people will book it to for party or gathering. 

Sometimes I wonder what Airbnb management is awaiting to send a clear message to those type of guests.