Whole home and private room listings used to be separated

Michael5118
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

Whole home and private room listings used to be separated

I am very disappointed that Airbnb has removed the default separation between whole home and private room listings. My cancellations have gone through the roof because people for some reason think they are getting a whole home ... my listing is listed as a private room and my ad clearly describes which areas for them are private and which are shared, yet I do nothing but field questions about this now because airbnb has removed the choice when people log on to select whole hone or a private room search. 

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I have gone in and checked and the option is still there under type of place it still offers the following options when you are searching for somewhere to book @Michael5118 ;

Entire place - Have a place to yourself
Private room - Have your own room and share some common spaces
Hotel room - Have a private or shared room in a boutique hotel, hostel, and more
Shared room - Stay in a shared space, like a common room

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Helen3 when I do searches locally to see if we are competitively priced I find that even when 'entire place' is checked it still shows private rooms - usually in hotels. This may be a quirk of Airbnb favouring hotels or it could be that it only shows multiple private rooms that can accommodate 6 people.