Why am I being asked to review a cancelled booking?

Emanuela105
Level 3
Bran, Romania

Why am I being asked to review a cancelled booking?

Many months ago I've got an instant booking for 21-25 January, traveller is from Canada, I'm in Romania. Communication was good and and I was waiting for them, a group of 6, to checkin on the 21. The evening before, on 20th, I get a message from the guest saying he will have to cancel due to a personal problem of someone in the group. I have a strict cancelling policy, so he was going to be charged the full amount for the stay anyway and he was aware of it, but he sounded like he was hoping for a refund. I said I'm sorry, but I can't refund you when you cancel less than 24 hours before checkin. 

He didn't cancel right away, he canceled the next morning, so just a few hours before checkin. 

Today I've got a request to review the guest that cancelled, even though he never made it here. I went through the questions, they were asking the usual questions, including how clean was the guest and whether he was respectful of the house rules or not. I don't believe this was a system mistake, as the review request said "even though your guest cancelled, you can still review him". This is seriously wrong! The guest is being asked the same thing and he gets to rate me, even though he was never here?? Has this happened to anyone else here?

Thanks for your input!

Ema
0 Replies 0