Why are my bookings down? Host feedback welcomed.

Kelly476
Level 1
New South Wales, Australia

Why are my bookings down? Host feedback welcomed.

Hi Hosts,

Im experiencing an obvious change in bookings. As a Superhost I have worked hard at maintaining a consistent flow of bookings even through the colder Seasons.

My stay has been listed on Airbnb for 2 years now.  There has been an obvious change in bookings over the last 3 months with little to no activity. I have reduced prices, and pushed advertising through online mediums. I have spoken to my cleaner who looks after other Airbnb Properties on the South Coast (Jervis Bay). She has informed me that the local Realestate Agencies started advertising short stays and holiday rentals through Airbnb this year. She suggested the extra competition by these large companies may have effected my listing/ bookings. 

I am unsure how to boost my listing and get back on track with my bookings. Any feedback would be really appreciated. 

Thanks, Kel 

2 Replies 2
Drago1
Level 3
Zagreb, Croatia

Only one reason, to much competition, when I started with airbnb there were about 200 rentals, and now its over 3000 in my city, superhost doesn't mean anything anymore becasue there are more than a 1000 superhosts in my area, every year I had to reduce price and I'm making less and less money, I already sold one apartment and just waiting to sell other two.

Xavier132
Level 2
Cuenca, Ecuador

Sad but true , even though I'm on the other side of the planet , 100 % agree with Drago  I had been a superhost for 1 and half year straight and my bookings just keep coming down.  I had found some posts about external services than provide listing optimization for Airbnb , I just wrote to a couple of this sites to see what they have to offer. If you know anything about it any feedback highly apreciate it 

Regards

XM