Why aren’t I getting any more bookings?

Iwan10
Level 1
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Why aren’t I getting any more bookings?

Hi

Just wondering if anyone could have a look at my listing and tell me what they think I could improve on. The months of May and June have not been bad months in terms of bookings but for the months following June I have no bookings at all, and I am not sure as to why as I’ve had excellent reviews so far despite me being relatively new to this platform. 

Many thanks in advance for anyone willing to provide guidance and knowledge. 

Iwan

6 Replies 6
Rachel0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Iwan10 Your listing looks good and you have excellent reviews.  When I checked it out it said that it had had 150 views in the past week, so it is obviously visible.  However, it is very expensive for a private room in a house - I forgot to check whether or not you include breakfast.  I checked  the price for one night in August for one person - £95 plus a £25 cleaning fee - so that's £120 before Airbnb add their service charge.  I charge a lot less than that for a private room in a house with a private shower room in West London with easy access to Heathrow and the centre of town.  I think you need to adjust your prices and check out what others in your area are charging for a similar listing so that you are more competitively priced.  

Iwan10
Level 1

Hi Rachel

Thanks for your valuable feedback. I've revised the price for August and made it 50%+ cheaper. 

Thanks again.

Iwan

Melanie33
Level 8
Ashcott, United Kingdom

Hi Iwan

i think your listing is slightly confusing as to whether the price is for one room or two and whether you have to book one or two rooms.

Things get clearer but a lot of potential guests don’t read through everything as we well know. 

We often don’t get bookings until the last minute so I am sure it will pick up.

Mel

Iwan10
Level 1

Hi Melanie

Thank you for taking the time out to respnd to my query. 

How do I make it clearer that it is for one room, would that be in the description, or?

Thanks again.

Iwan

Melanie33
Level 8
Ashcott, United Kingdom

Hi Iwan

One way would be to do separate listings for each room (pain I know!) and put in the description that two rooms are available if required.  You could even do a separate listing for 4 people and two rooms as well.  You would then have 3 listings and hopefully more exposure.

Mel

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Iwan10 you are offering 2 bedrooms each with 1 double bed. You need to edit that in your settings if you only offer one.