Why can't AirBnB be contacted by any means other than a 1 hr hold time phone call?

Answered!
Brent224
Level 2
St. Petersburg, FL

Why can't AirBnB be contacted by any means other than a 1 hr hold time phone call?

I made a mistake and reviewed the wrong person (I have several AirBnBs and I made a mistake). The text part of the review was correct - a raving review for a great guest I would host again - but I screwed up the stars (I got a phone call while typing my review and when I went back to the review screen I thought I was on my other guests review screen that trashed my place so I ended up giving the bad star rating the person who was supposed to get the full 5 start she deserved ). 

As a super host, I still spent 42 minutes on hold waiting for a rep only to get disconnected the moment the rep picked up the line. I immediately called back and spent 37 minutes on hold before talking to a rep. After explaining my mistake she said she couldn't fix it but I could spend another 45 minutes on the phone waiting to talk to that department that could fix it, or, she can put a ticket in with that department and they would contact me within 24 hours to discuss or just fix the problem and message me that it was done. That was more than a week ago and this poor guest still has the bad bad rating showing on her profile. I PRAY this person doesn't lose get rejected by any future hosts because of AirBnB's failure to help me get this resolved.

So today I decided to try to contact AirBnB via non-phone methods. NOTHING EXISTS! What the hell is AirBnB spending on their revenue on if they can't even support a Chat tool or even the ability to send an email!

Aside from phone number that I was only able to find on the web (not on their site), they have:
**NO Chat tool
**NO Contact Us form (they have a contact us, but you can't actually contact them through it - SEE ATTACHED IMAGE)
**NO Support email address

So what do I do? I am helpless to fix this myself and if AirBnB can't fix it does this perfect guest have to carry this terrible rating with them for the rest of their life?

Contact you how?????????Contact you how?????????

1 Best Answer
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Brent224 Below the "what is this about?" dialog box you should see an array of possible selections, one of which is "Listing and hosting tools". Select that, then select "it's something else" and you should land here:

Capture.JPG

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Brent224  I always message Airbnb rather than call. I don't know what you're doing wrong that you don't get a message box under "Contact Us". You have to keep following the prompts and drop-down boxes. If there is nothing in the drop-down box that fits your issue, just click on the closest one and then when you write your message, explain that your issue wasn't in the options.

You can also contact them through their Twitter account.

I can tell you , though, that they aren't likely to let you change the star rating, but what they might be willing to do is simply remove the entire review and ratings.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Brent224 Below the "what is this about?" dialog box you should see an array of possible selections, one of which is "Listing and hosting tools". Select that, then select "it's something else" and you should land here:

Capture.JPG

Thank you! That was the trick. It wasn't intuitive to guess that "Tools" wasn't just AirBnB online software tools, but also included a way to actually contact them.

In my illogical brain I apparently assumed incorrectly that contacting the company wasn't a "listing or reservation tool"

@Brent224 no... you are selecting that you want help with listing and hosting tools. Not that it matters at this point.  🙂  You can get to the chat window via any help topic as long as you keep looking for "it's something else." 

Excellent tip! Thank you Lisa! ❤️

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

@Brent224

I suggest You let Your guest book 1 night at a price of 10 USD, I believe this is the minimum nighly price on airbnb.

Your guest pays, and after check-out of this reservation You will get an invitation to review said guest (again). You can then leave the guest the review You originally wanted to give him. Then You can explain that the review You gave him before was a mistake You made and You can explain that it was impossible to get Your mistake corrected due to endless hold-time on airbnb CS. Let's see what airbnb then does.

After that, You refund Your guest said 10 USD or more through the airbnb resolution center.

Maybe Your guest will leave You another positive review for Your effort. That's not a problem, even though Your guest didn't stay at Your place. Because admin Kristie stated on July 12, 2018 that a guest

• "can leave a review, even if the guest doesn’t stay in or enter the listing."

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/To-Clara-Liang-Product-Director-Last-min-cancellation-be...

@Ute42 If I continue to struggle to get her rating fixed what you suggested sounds like a great idea!

Do you know if my review on the new "fake" reservation replaces the one on their previous reservation that I screwed up? Or does it just help average out the mistaken bad rating I already gave them (meaning they are still being hurt my mistake, just not as much)?

@Brent224  No, a new review wouldn't replace the other one. But if Airbnb will agree to remove the old review and ratings, then at least the guest would have a nice review and ratings from you on her profile.