Why can't I see my listing?

Why can't I see my listing?

Double room in beautiful residential home - Houses for Rent in North Lanarkshire, Scotland, United K...

I (think) I have listed this room to let but when i search for my dates it doesn't appear in the search criteria.  What isn't it showing?

5 Replies 5
Johanna394
Level 10
Tampere, Finland

@Lisa6552 did you just create your listing?

Because Airbnb says this about new listings:

"After you publish your listing, it may take up to 72 hours for it to appear in search results."

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1336/creating-a-listing

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Lisa6552  It's actually rather good that your listing isn't live yet- you need to work on your presentation a bit.

Your description doesn't have nearly enough information. You need to describe the room itself that you are listing, guest access, the layout of the home (i.e. do they walk  down a hallway to get to the bathroom? Is the bedroom on the first floor?) give them an idea of who they are sharing the home with, whether they have full access to the kitchen to prepare their meals, etc.

Also your photos are quite dark and claustrphobic looking. Try to take better photos wwith better lighting.

And you should lead with photos of the guest room, not the common areas. Your cover photo should be of the guest room, not shared spaces.

Thank you Sarah, I'll take that on board and work on it x

@Lisa6552  One more little suggestion. There is a section of the description called "interaction with guests". As a home-share host myself, I think it's important to use that section to give guests an idea of your daily schedule, not in any sort of detail, but in general. Are you retired and might often be found puttering around the garden or out in a workshop? Work from home online? Are out all day at a 9-5 job? Do you go to bed early and need quiet hours adhered to or are you a night owl?

It's nice for home-share guests to be informed about what to expect in that regard, just as you should try to ascertain their plans- are they going to be home most of the time? Working online? Working elsewhere? Sightseeing? Taking a course? 

That sort of exchange of information can make a big difference as to whether a home-share guest is a good fit. If they stay up til 4 am, clanging around in the kitchen, and sleep in til noon, that might not work out well if you go to bed at 9 and get up early and get busy- you don't want a situation where you feel you have to tiptoe around for 5 hours so as not to wake the guest.

Thank you so

much, , have added in some more information and will get new photos tomorrow! Appreciate the advice x