Why can’t we get a pet fee field?

Answered!
Claudia-B0
Level 2
Crestone, CO

Why can’t we get a pet fee field?

Why can’t we get a pet fee field?  Host from around the world have begged for a pet fee field for years now. Not once have I seen an answer from Airbnb as to why that cannot be included.

So extremely frustrating

1 Best Answer
Charles224
Level 10
Clare, Australia

6 Replies 6
Charles224
Level 10
Clare, Australia

@Claudia-B0 

Good idea !

Amanda660
Level 10
Auchenblae, United Kingdom

@Claudia-B0  Oh yes please, we have loads of guests with pooches the current system is clunky and confusing for guests.  Wee drop

box would be great. 

Randy435
Level 2
Fairfield, CT

I'm new to this community, so perhaps I missed it, but I don't see a solution here... the post is marked as Resolved, and the "Accepted Solution" simply says "good idea". I was hoping for either some creative work-around, or an official response from Airbnb on how or when this feature will be available (or not). Personally, I think using the Resolution Center to collect money from the guest after the stay is very clunky and off-putting, so I'd love to hear what others do. I've enabled Instant Book, so I don't get the opportunity to ask a guest if they're bringing a pet and change the price at all.

Hosts have begged for a pet fee field for years.  without it you cannot use Instant Reservation.  You have to email that there is a pet fee and how much and if they agree to it, they will have to either send it via paypal AFTER they agree to it or whatever method you choose.  

It's infuriating, clumsy, and time-consuming to have to do this.  Hosts have begged airbnb for years for this feature to no avail.  

The cleaning fee field offers no options for guests who stay a weekend vs. a week or month or longer.  This is ridiculous and serious oversight.  

I don’t see that solution either and this problem is annoying the hell out of me! Wonder what that easy solution is???

Claudia-B0
Level 2
Crestone, CO

Since us long time hosts have complained about this for YEARS... there does not seem to be a 'Easy Solution'.  I suggest that we continue to nag, beg, insist that this multi Billion $ company turn to their software experts and deal with something that should be simple.  So keep calling tech support and any time you have to speak to a real person, complain and ask that it be addressed.