Why do some people have a "Send Message" button and some don't?

Answered!

Why do some people have a "Send Message" button and some don't?

Hello!

When I hover the mouse over most people's little circle photo, a menu pops up with two buttons:

"Send Message" in red, and "View Profile" in white.

Some people, however, only seem to have the "View Profile" button.

When I hover the mouse over my own circle photo, I only see the "View Profile" button.

I don't know if this is because I can't Send Message to myself, or if I am one of the unfortunate people who don't have the "Send Message" button.

I have looked in the "Community Profile" settings for anything that might activate or deactivate this.

Does anyone know why some people have the "Send Message" Button and some people don't?

How do you activate that?

1 Best Answer
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Matthew285,

Only hosts have a send message button and it doesn't appear when we hover the pointer over our own profile photos as, like you say, we're not allowed to message ourselves.

If you see a profile with a send message button then you'll find that they don't have a listing.

I see a "send message" button when hovering the mouse on your photo here.

Steve.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Matthew285,

Only hosts have a send message button and it doesn't appear when we hover the pointer over our own profile photos as, like you say, we're not allowed to message ourselves.

If you see a profile with a send message button then you'll find that they don't have a listing.

I see a "send message" button when hovering the mouse on your photo here.

Steve.

@Steve143 that makes perfect sense!

And thank you for checking for my "Send Message" button!