Why does Air bnb suspend my account for 8 properties until they talk to me on the phone? seems unjust

Eric648
Level 2
Warren, NH

Why does Air bnb suspend my account for 8 properties until they talk to me on the phone? seems unjust

So obviously a guest that was upset filed a complaint. Although I have no idea who, what ,when,  where, how or why?    So Air bnb seized my  calendar for 8 properties in NH White Mountain for  for 5 days before a busy weekend.  I feel las though airbnb owes me a gigantic apology for not expediting this so I can move on.  I have been a nealry a  gold hosts for 5 years.  I am also a "ghost hosts" i never talk to my guest?  

5 Replies 5
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Eric648 Do you have any video cameras at any of your properties? That's often the reason listings are suspended, even if they're disclosed in your listing and completely ethical (like an outdoor camera or Ring doorbell). It could also be due to one of your recent guests who didn't have heat overnight if they made a complaint to Airbnb: they might consider that to be enough of a safety issue to shut you down. 

There's not much you can do apart from wait for a call. You defintely won't get an apology: Airbnb will suspend your listings until you're proven innocent. It's just their policy. I think it's very wrong, but that's what they do. 

No cameras, maybe some later looking towards the cars to count guest.

I had offered that guest a signiant discount on his next stay, he obliged. I was unaware my propane tanks where been moved around.

I just noticed they are calling me at 11pm????       

@Eric648 that's really common also because most of their customer service is outsourced overseas.

I hope you were able to get a resolution. 

@Eric648  don't waste your time, it may take a while, open another account on another platform to book these busy weekends.