Why has this guest not been removed to protect hosts????

Cari3
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Why has this guest not been removed to protect hosts????

Ok airbnb community - help me figure out this one.  Why would airbnb NOT remove this guest from the platform as a way of protect future potential hosts????  It makes no sense to me.    I tried to report this guest to airbnb in April and again in May who tell me they cannot reveal what steps they have taken against this guest (no problem with that) however…. they have obviously taken ZERO steps against this guest as I see a new review from July 2021.  Frankly the ‘report a guest’ system is abysmal, so truly don’t bother going that route. 

So here is what I said to airbnb via a message after I’d spoken to them and then monitored to see if this guest profile was removed - which is wasn’t (and still hasn’t been):

“… I do not need to know what action airbnb have taken but I do need to know that this person ** (who supposedly books for her ‘cousin’ **- the police tell me this is not his real name) has been removed from the airbnb platform to protect other hosts. and she has NOT yet been removed despite airbnb taking whatever action they claim to have. Here’s why us hosts really need her removed: 1) she doesn’t ever arrive, she books for her ‘cousin’ who could never actually be verified as he has 32 warrants out for his arrest in Texas. 2) read his two reviews - both a 1-star (because thats the lowest rating you can give someone) with serious breeches of house rules. As i state in mine, he stole my linen. Plus after i’d written my review (which I delayed writing as long as i could as i was working with the Police as they tried to apprehend him and was hoping he’d book through airbnb again) I also found a broken meth pipe under the shower curtain - see picture. 3). this is not a safe guest to have around, not just because of his drugging and forgery habits but also because he mentioned to me in conversation that he’d beaten up his grandfather when he was 12 which was when he was put into the foster care system. No host should have to have 6 fully armed SWAT team members (see picture) surrounding their property and airbnb should most certainly NOT keep someone who books for this kind of person on the platform. I want airbnb to either remove her from the platform or to give me a reason why they feel this would not be an appropriate step. I know treating guests well is important, but frankly taking care of your hosts by removing dangerous guests is equally important. Thanks cari”

These are the two reviews I was referring to: 

“after smelling pot coming out of the apartment, I came down to find that an extra person is staying there even though she marked only one person coming. he smelled of pot. I have multiple signs inside and outside that no smoking is allowed anywhere on the property. The place already looked messed. I gave this guy 10 minutes to leave before I call the police. he did and she was out already somewhere. didn't see them again. I will never have them again.”

“Kali doesn’t stay- these booking are made for her so-called ‘cousin’ who arrived as Kyle but then told us he goes by Jay. He doesn’t have id. His stories have so many holes in it - that it would make a sieve look watertight. when I finally spotted the review from his first host after he’d moved in (which was horrible) and confronted him about it, he denied ever staying there...but when I confronted his booking ‘cousin’ she wasn’t to know he’d denied staying there and she told me the host was just plain aggressive towards them. He’s charming and extremely clever but I would not have hosted him if I’d seen his first review. when he left he took our sheets, pillows and pillowcases and a big bath towel.”

PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND WHY THIS PERSON IS STILL ALLOWED TO MAKE BOOKINGS???  WHAT'S IT GOING TO TAKE AIRBNB????  WHAT ABOUT PROTECTING YOUR HOSTS????

**[Personal information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

1 Reply 1
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands