Why haven't I had any bookings?

Pippa3
Level 2
Johannesburg, South Africa

Why haven't I had any bookings?

I have a beautiful apartment in a safe and secure suburb of Johannesburg.  I have not had a single call or booking for three months, even though the nightly rate is way below average.  Why has this suddenly happened....any ideas, does my apartment still show on the Airbnb website. I am [personal information removed]...please help me someone. I am desperate

2 Replies 2
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Pippa3 Hi there! Your listing is definitely showing in search results.  I used February 19 to February 20 with a price range of $16 to $33 USD and found your listing: 

Fully Furnished.JPG

Two things I would recommend: 

1. Upload a profile picture of yourself.  Guests want to see a picture of the host. 

2. Verify your ID.  Guests like to know that the host is trustworthy.  Do this at www.airbnb.com/verify

It is also possible that the cancellation in October is scaring people away. 😞

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Pippa3,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't received any bookings for a while, I imagine this is frustrating. @Clare0 has given you some good advice about how you can make your listing more attractive to potential guests. There is also a useful Community Help Guide here about how to get more bookings which you might find useful.

Just to let you know, I have moved your post and reply here to a new thread so that it doesn't get lost in another discussion. I have also given it a title, please let me know if you would like to change it!

I hope you start to get more bookings!

Kirstie