Why is December Pricing nearly 50% off base price and how do I revert it back to base price?

Vania41
Level 2
Quezon City, Philippines

Why is December Pricing nearly 50% off base price and how do I revert it back to base price?

The base price of my unit is set at around $85 per night.  AirBnB advertised it at $48 per night for nearly the whole month of December.  It is also discounting on the weekly and the monthly pricing as well by approximately the same percentage.  Why is it doing that and how do I turn it off?

2 Replies 2
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Vania41

go on host / listings/ (click on your listing ) / pricing /

Nightly price / Edit  ...

Smart Pricing OFF
 Base price $85

Length-of-stay discounts / edit
 Weekly - none
 Monthly - none

Early bird discount / Edit
No discounts set

Last-minute discounts / Edit
No discounts set

Save everything and preview your listing again (refresh the page)
if the price is not correct then open your calendar and change it manually (click and select the whole month, change the price / save / save)

If your problem persist it means it's a glitch on Airbnb side so you should contact Airbnb. I've seen the same post from another host yesterday.

I got an inquirty today for 90 nights starting Jan 1, 2020 at a severely discounted price.  When I checked  the calendar,  Airbnb showed $10/night during the week starting Jan 1, 2020 to Jan 31, 2021.  I spent a lot of time making the corrections.  Airbnb's pricing is difficult to calculate even though the owner is responsible for setting the rates.  I'm very disappointed with their service and will cancel with them.  Also, I was placed on hold for a long time - never got through to customer support.