Why is Listed Price Lower than Actual Booking Price

Why is Listed Price Lower than Actual Booking Price

I attempted to book an AirBNB in Chicago for October. It was listed at $93/night. But when I tried to book it, it suddenly became $244/night. Why is this happening???

4 Replies 4
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Kate485,

Hosts can have different per night rates depending on season, big local events, weekends etc.

I'm not sure how you searched when the price showed as US$93. If you search before entering dates then the host's lowest nightly price is shown on the map and the listing photo should say "From ".

When you enter dates you then get shown the rate that the host is charging for those specific nights.

Steve.

That explains it. Thanks.

@Kate485 if you search without specifying your travel dates, the page of results will show each listing's lowest available price. When you later specify your dates, the system will then calculate the actual price (which will be higher).

If you want to see accurate prices when you search, specify your travel dates. Then the results will show the pricing for your actual trip.

I did specify dates. Unfortunately, only the lowest price was displayed when the actual was much higher. Thanks.