Why is no one at airbnb helping solve this glitch?

Angielena0
Level 3
Seattle, WA

Why is no one at airbnb helping solve this glitch?

Dear friends

I am exhausted and not sure what else to do.. here is the issue

I have been trying for months to get airbnb to correct a bug in the system that is keeping me (and perhaps many others) from being able to use my valid and up to date short term rental license to allow guests to book shorter than 30 day stays. My main income is being a host and I (after 10 years of being an airbnb host) i am in jeopardy of losing my home..

So many help center people at Airbnb I have talked to on the phone say that they are going to escalate the situation and someone will call me to rectify....I've been waiting months now and this is really testing my patience. please please please HELP me!!

This is one of many messages

I have also contacted the city of Seattle to verify all my short term rental info is correct and they said all is good and my license is current and active.

I reached out to airbnb on twitter - no help

i have sent emails - no help

Is anyone else experiencing this seemingly lack of concern for us hosts / super hosts?

2 Replies 2
Angelica-Y-Jorge0
Level 10
Mazatlán, Mexico

@Angielena0 This sounds like a terrible situation to be in. I can't help Airbnb to escalate but may I suggest listing on other platforms. Another suggestion may be to temporarily move the property under a partner, friend or family member's account as a new listing on Airbnb if possible to make it rentable again(not sure if this will work with the licence you need)?

Sending lots of positive energy your way hoping this gets resolved for you soon.

Jorge
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Angielena0  There have been so many posts from Seattle hosts suffering the same issue that I can't believe it's still going on, but here is where you can see all the posts by date.  Maybe someone in one of these posts and replies has a solution:  https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=location&q=seattle&location...